Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

:) 4 YEARS LATER!! Who applied for MDPD??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :) 4 YEARS LATER!! Who applied for MDPD??

It's been a LONG 4 years!!!! Has anyone applied for MDPD?
    Miami-Dade Police Department

February 14, 2013- Applied

sigpic

I got a call from a lieutenant from there and she told me no... unless she was misinformed

Comment

I guess we'll know in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I sure hope it isnt the case that everything need to get done again. I mean I'll do it again but I hope they'd go about it quicker then befre. She did tell me that those that were contacted would have priority over those that are applying and havent done anything yet so thats promising at least.

Comment

Hopefully yeah. You've been waiting forever! Stay positive

They're not using the CJBAT anymore. Does anyone know the passing score for the FBAT??
          Miami-Dade Police Department

February 14, 2013- Applied

sigpic

Comment

Hell, I dont even remember which one I took. I dont remember getting a score either, they just told me I passed and I moved on to the academy.

Comment

I applied on Friday, giving it a shot again after a long 5 years lol!!... I believe I would have to start he process from scratch, doubt they will continue where they left off before.

Good luck to everyone and do keep us all posted in the process. Hopefully not too much has changed.

Comment

Thinking about applying to Miami Dade PD myself, it's been quite some time since they were last hiring. I believe I was just finishing high school back in 2007. I spoke with someone in HR (very brief and not too helpful) and she told me that the process was "slooooooooooooooooooooow" All of that aside, could any of you especially those who've gone through the process give me a bit of insight on the process and such. I would very much appreciate it.
                Virtus virtuti Caesar
                =================
                “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”

**Isaiah‬ *6:8‬ *

Comment

This is my 1st time applying with them. I am applying as non-certified. Yeah, good luck with that! I know they will be selecting the certified people that have been on the list and thereafter the people that have been waiting for 4 years to get sponsored by them. Anyhow, wish you all the best of luck!

The passing score is 71%. Google MDC FBAT. There you will be able to attain more info.

ZCK3
                  Last edited by Arte_5; 02-25-2013, 01:56 PM.
                  When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all. We all need some form of deeply rooted, powerful motivation -- it empowers us to overcome obstacles so we can live our dreams.

-Les Brown

Comment

I applied about week ago. does anyone even know how many openings they have this time, and has anyone been called yet?
                    Also do they at least call to say you didn't make it so people don't go crazy waiting?
                    Last edited by altaccount1992; 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I don't know how many but I do know they need officers out there ASAP. They are short staffed out there and just put through a lateral class. They should start the process for a those newly applying in the next weeks. They probably have changed things since the last time I and many of us still waiting applied a few years back. The motto with MDPD is patience.

Comment

Well I'm guessing after such a historical long hiring freeze there should be a lot of vacancies open.
                        I just wanna know for the people that don't get chosen do they call/email telling you no or just leave you waiting forever?

Comment

Guys, I have been monitoring my e-mail and county app. lol! Now with three academies suck in and suck out certified people, it's going to be a bunch of apps. Look, when I first applied, two weeks ago, the submission of apps was going to be opened until the tomorrow the 28th. However, they closed last week. lol!! So you can have a clear image of how many apps they received during a span of two weeks. lol!!! I hope we all get chosen. Self sponsoring is not easy, especially if you have a family and a full time job. Trust me, I tried and it didn't work for me after going thru a lengthy process and acceptance with one of dade county's local academy. =( Anyhow, keep posting if any update. I will too.

ZCK3
                          When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all. We all need some form of deeply rooted, powerful motivation -- it empowers us to overcome obstacles so we can live our dreams.

-Les Brown

Comment

Originally posted by ZCK3 View Post
                            Guys, I have been monitoring my e-mail and county app. lol! Now with three academies suck in and suck out certified people, it's going to be a bunch of apps. Look, when I first applied, two weeks ago, the submission of apps was going to be opened until the tomorrow the 28th. However, they closed last week. lol!! So you can have a clear image of how many apps they received during a span of two weeks. lol!!! I hope we all get chosen. Self sponsoring is not easy, especially if you have a family and a full time job. Trust me, I tried and it didn't work for me after going thru a lengthy process and acceptance with one of dade county's local academy. =( Anyhow, keep posting if any update. I will too.

ZCK3
                            *sigh* I have also been obssessively checking my email and logging into the county job site to just read my application. I dont know how long it will take for things to get moving.

Comment

Originally posted by ZCK3 View Post

ZCK3
                              wait they really closed the application last week instead of the 28th like they said? I guess they had a set number they could take and it filled up very fast.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3310 users online. 185 members and 3125 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X