300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSO Reserve Deputy

Hey guys, I just submitted my App yesterday for BSO reserve deputy. Has anyone on here been hired as a reserve with them, and what was your timeline? I wanted to know if hired how does the FTO process work and how long do you think till you get a F/T position, thanks!

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
    Hey guys, I just submitted my App yesterday for BSO reserve deputy. Has anyone on here been hired as a reserve with them, and what was your timeline? I wanted to know if hired how does the FTO process work and how long do you think till you get a F/T position, thanks!

Why did you apply to be a Reserve Deputy? BSO is hiring full-time deputies right now. If your goal is to be full-time, why on earth would you apply for Reserve?

Comment

Because im not certified, im in the process of getting certified now...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPD4LYFE View Post
        Because im not certified, im in the process of getting certified now...
        Oh, if you're trying to get sponsored, that might be an uphill battle. The reserve unit at BSO is mostly for people who don't want to be full-time as far as I'm aware. Mostly retired guys and weekend warriors participate in that. You would be best to self-sponsor yourself through a local academy and go from there. Either that or apply to Hollywood PD.

Comment

Im in a part-time academy rite now so I figured if they see that im sponsoring myself I could get a shot at going reserves for now. I cant apply to there announcement for full time cause im not certified yet...

Comment

I applied in February 2011 for a reserve position and I have been full time with BSO since Sept. 2011. Last I heard, they were backed up on applications. From the time I actually started the process with my interview to the time I was notified that I was hired was approximately 4 months.
            MDC BLE 270

Comment

Everyone that has been hired as a reserve but wanted to work full-time is now working full-time. The reserve program is used as a pool for full-time openings or for the rare retiree or weekend warrior that wants to help out.

Comment

This is an old Thread, I will update it just in case if anyone else after me read this. As of right now BSO have a lot of applicant that wants to be full time, but due to budge it can only offer them reserve position with the promise of keep your nose clean and you will be pick up for full. I know because I just got pick up for reserve although I applied back in July for full time. It's a long hiring process, same process for both. In fact I applied for full and I was being process for full, until two weeks ago when I went in for my commander interview, I met with the Colonoscopy and he told the full time so full right now, would I like to go to reserve. I took it. So see how that work out. I took my medical test yesterday and I will get my results Tuesday and I believe the following Monday, I will go in for internal training.

Comment

I've also been to a Command Interview this past week. Could you set up your profile so I can send you a private msg?

Comment

Originally posted by Mateudn View Post
                    I've also been to a Command Interview this past week. Could you set up your profile so I can send you a private msg?
                    How long did it take you to hear something back after you submitted your app?

Comment

Originally posted by mx736 View Post
                      I submitted my app in December as certified and I'm just awaiting a vacancy right now. Completed all the other steps thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by mx736 View Post
                        I don't remember well but I think I applied in April 2013 and someone contacted me one or two months later.

Comment

Just received an email saying that I've been wait listed due to the number of applicants

Comment

Some agencies don't want reserves who want to be full time. If you become a reserve and then flip and tell them you really want full time, they will make you wait either forever, or until you have totally finished FTO and have a year or two as a reserve.
                            Each agency is different so check before you jump on the reserve bandwagon. Remember others before you have tried the reserve to full time approach and some agencies don't like it. Kind of feel you lied to them in the first place. Let them know you want full time before becoming a reserve.

Like I said check with them first. Some might like pulling from reserves but not all do it that way. Sounds like BSO doesn't have a problem with it but others do.
                            Last edited by usetobe; 05-08-2014, 08:51 AM.

Comment

That is true, some agencies does not want you to miss lead them by applying for reserve when you want full time, Like Miramar for example. They were picking up officers for both and whichever you applied for they wanted you to stick to it. However BSO does not care. It seems like they just want qualify certified officer on their team. Unfortunately, they can not afford to hire full time right now so they are picking everyone that willing to take part as part time officers with the promise if you keep your noise clean you will go full time. They do not promise the length of stay on reserve because they do not know when they will have Money. Which is understanding able. Base on what I can remember in my commander interview reserve and full go thru same FTO and both are open to detail assignments which are at about $30 an hour. Also as a bonus reserve have a little more say so about their schedule than counter part full time. So I figure I can do 40' hours a wk, 20 on regular deputy setting at $11 an hour and 20 detail hours at whatever detail that is open for about $30 an hour, which will balance out to be about $20 an hour for 40 hours. Which is not bad at all. It equal out to be about the same take home pay as a full time deputy minus the benefits.

Also, I went to my medical test last Monday, past it obviously and now I am just waiting for the internal training date. I met few guys there. I was told it was 7 of them BSO put thru the academy. From what I tell it will be about 25 guys starting this training as reserve in the near future. If I would to guess I would say by the end of this month BSO will swear us all in as reserve deputies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4765 users online. 295 members and 4470 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X