300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vet friendly agencies.

Just wondering if any actually prefer vets rather than just saying they do.. I'm already in the process with a couple of them, but looking to see if maybe I've already applied with them. I'm local too, not someone trying to relocate to an area already low on jobs. Don't respond if you're in the process too and THINK you know what you're talking about, prefer responses from folks already working. Tango

I'm not from Florida but I spent many years overseeing the hiring process with two different agencies.

An applicant's worth to us was measured by how high he scored on the written and oral exams we administered. They measured his ability to perform the duties of the job he was seeking. Applicants were then hired in the order of their combined test scores (highest first, next highest second, etc.) Veterans had three extra points added to their final score solely as a reward for their military service and not because their experience in the military meant they brought anything extra to the table. You could only use your veteran's credit once on our agency. After that, you could never claim it again in promotionals or if you tested for another job.

In short, it didn't make you more desirable, it just got you extra points on your score. I believe you will find most agencies are like that.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

What does local mean? Florida's a large, populated state. What areas are you looking at and where have you applied?

Comment

Originally posted by GUARDIAN23 View Post
        Just wondering if any actually prefer vets rather than just saying they do.. I'm already in the process with a couple of them, but looking to see if maybe I've already applied with them. I'm local too, not someone trying to relocate to an area already low on jobs. Don't respond if you're in the process too and THINK you know what you're talking about, prefer responses from folks already working. Tango
        What agencies have you looked at. There are many Federal Agencies that are very Veteran Friendly, and depending on your disability rating you can get from 5 to 10 point preference as well as VRA or VEOA preference for federal employment, as well as waiver for maximum age limit.
        GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7685 users online. 427 members and 7258 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X