X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deuce
    replied
    Originally posted by SinePari View Post
    That's if they like you. Deuce, may not get the back up from his coworkers at all.

Shoot, as long as it's wet, he don't care what you're serving.

Ah jeez

1. Yah but you'd still show cuz you think I'm perddy...
    2. Wet.. nuff said.....
    3. Quiet you....

Leave a comment:

• SinePari
    replied
    Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
    I'm lucky to get 2 and that'll take them 10-15 minutes at triple digit speeds.
    That's if they like you. Deuce, may not get the back up from his coworkers at all.

Deuce, India Pale Ale - Long Hammer IPA is the flavor of the month. I'm into really hoppy brews.
    Shoot, as long as it's wet, he don't care what you're serving.

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
    Uh oh.. Actually, the poor bahstid's gonna be seeing my ugly mug down there shortly... Rumor is his ears perk up at the word "beer".. mmmmm beeeeerrr......
    Ah jeez

Leave a comment:

• campuscop2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt Jack View Post
    My dept ORI's are on my profile page but I've pm'd you the names of both gigs..and yeah making the all trips down does get pricy...I've really learned to become a budget traveler lol...I would strongly suggest that you take at least one trip down and get a lay of the land of any region you plan on working in as it's very different than Mass
    Haha good for you. It's about 800 dollars at a minimum in my experience to fly down there, rental, lodging etc. I have been to FL several times and I prefer the gulf coast region. My ex's father used to own a house in Sarasota and we used to stay down there frequently.

Leave a comment:

• JingleHeimrJify
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
    The best agency in the state is the one that will give you a job... All agencies are great, they just may not be great for you... could be for someone else though.

Stupid question.
    Doesn't really matter what agency you want to work for if they don't hire you. You can hope and dream...doesn't mean you'll get the job.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by campuscop2000 View Post

Sgt. Jack what department do you work for? A fixed schedule? Even my department has a 4/2. I am from MA as well. It definately is not all here. This state is in a LE crisis thanks to Devall. I am looking to relocate to FL, once I save up the cash to start applying down there. Hotel, rental, airfare are a killer if you plan on testing at multiple departments. Good luck stay safe.
    My dept ORI's are on my profile page but I've pm'd you the names of both gigs..and yeah making the all trips down does get pricy...I've really learned to become a budget traveler lol...I would strongly suggest that you take at least one trip down and get a lay of the land of any region you plan on working in as it's very different than Mass
    Last edited by Sgt Jack; 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArmyDiver
    replied
    The best agency in the state is the one that will give you a job... All agencies are great, they just may not be great for you... could be for someone else though.

Stupid question.

Leave a comment:

• campuscop2000
    replied
    For a kid who works LP, how can you say a PD as a whole sucks? First and foremost LP, has nothing to do with making you the authority on police work. You stop 15 year olds, from stealing cheap silver earings. You may have a bad relationship with the sector car but I dont know how you can say a department as a whole is terrible, without actually working for them.

Sgt. Jack what department do you work for? A fixed schedule? Even my department has a 4/2. I am from MA as well. It definately is not all here. This state is in a LE crisis thanks to Devall. I am looking to relocate to FL, once I save up the cash to start applying down there. Hotel, rental, airfare are a killer if you plan on testing at multiple departments. Good luck stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• hapc
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy58 View Post
    Im from CA, but I have seen Boyton Beach PD on COPS a few times. They seemed to have decent equipment, and a professional staff. Is there a reason they were not on the "List" of good agencies in the state? Just wondering
    Boynton Beach is a great Agency to work for. I would personally put it on the list.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt Jack
    replied
    John, thanks for comin down and riding along. Sorry it was kind of a slow day but ya never know. Firday was pandemonium on the other hand. I hope I didn't talk your ear off. It was a pleasure meeting you in person. I hope it kinda opened your eyes as to how we run things here and what to expect.

And I certainly DO NOT have an army arrive when I call for additonal units. I'm lucky to get 2 and that'll take them 10-15 minutes at triple digit speeds. I got into an incident last year on a traffic stop and I called for another unit, then asked them to step it up. They dispatched 2 units to me and the first got there in 7 minutes and the second took 14. 7 minutes is a VERY long time when you have 4 people at gunpoint, by your self. It all worked out though.

At any rate, I'm glad you made it down.

Deuce, India Pale Ale - Long Hammer IPA is the flavor of the month. I'm into really hoppy brews.
    Glad I did too, thanks again for hosting. And no you didn't talk my ear off..no worries Heck I was happy we liked the same type of music.... I'll be back down at some point late summer or fall maybe check out a busier zone like you suggested. I'd also highly suggest the World of Beer for you two that I discovered next to my hotel..If you like Hoppy beers they have Harpoon IPA on draft which is pretty good. They also must keep the taps clean cause I had no issues the next day Take care..

Leave a comment:

• Unit453
    replied
    John, thanks for comin down and riding along. Sorry it was kind of a slow day but ya never know. Firday was pandemonium on the other hand. I hope I didn't talk your ear off. It was a pleasure meeting you in person. I hope it kinda opened your eyes as to how we run things here and what to expect.

And I certainly DO NOT have an army arrive when I call for additonal units. I'm lucky to get 2 and that'll take them 10-15 minutes at triple digit speeds. I got into an incident last year on a traffic stop and I called for another unit, then asked them to step it up. They dispatched 2 units to me and the first got there in 7 minutes and the second took 14. 7 minutes is a VERY long time when you have 4 people at gunpoint, by your self. It all worked out though.

At any rate, I'm glad you made it down.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy58
    replied
    Im from CA, but I have seen Boyton Beach PD on COPS a few times. They seemed to have decent equipment, and a professional staff. Is there a reason they were not on the "List" of good agencies in the state? Just wondering

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    replied
    Uh oh.. Actually, the poor bahstid's gonna be seeing my ugly mug down there shortly... Rumor is his ears perk up at the word "beer".. mmmmm beeeeerrr......

Leave a comment:

• Sgt Jack
    replied
    LMAO!!! Hey give a shout out to him btw he was asking for you.

Leave a comment:

• Deuce
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt Jack View Post
    I know I'm jumping on this one kinda late but this last week I had a chance to fly down from up North and got a pretty good "Boots on the Ground" experience so having an outsiders perspective let me say that I was able to meet up with Unit 453 and got a first hand look at how his job rolls..I must say I was impressed, the benefits are way better than anything I have up north, right now I pay 40% for a basic HMO, have a fixed schedual, no take home car, and very little chance of advancement, I also kick in 7.5% for retirement and pay state income tax on top of that...I won't even go into the cost of home ownership up here. Also there's no such area as low risk and while our night was not action packed the contacts we did make could have easily gone sideways at anytime. As far as Tampa goes don't know much about their dept, I'm sure they're decent but aren't the officers kicking in something like either 11% or 14% for their retirement...so that's a good chunck of money comming out...those are things folks need to look at, not just the salary. Just food for thought...Hey Unit I tried the sweet tea at lunch the next day...my god!!!!! my pancreas hates you now lol..I like sweet but man that was a bit off the chart...Thanks again..

Another northerner looking to take my gig?? I'd say cool, but I hate my fellow M*******s...

But I feel your pain on every point....

Leave a comment:

• nyc7011
    replied
    Originally posted by FinestFish View Post
    Me, if I call for help, the army will be there in 30 seconds. Anyone whos worked here and called an 85 can attest to that.
    I'll co-sign on that. That's also what reduces the risks of working in a place like NYC or any big city for that matter. I've been in the 85 situation before, and once you call for help, an army of blue appears in under 30 seconds. More like 20 seconds. The camaraderie where I work is actually pretty good (Brooklyn North).

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4400 users online. 278 members and 4122 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X