Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best agencies in the state??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by So Fla Cop
    Are you nuts junior? They are one the of few agencies left with some semblance of camaraderie. Hollywood would be my choice if I was starting over.


    Even with all that happen to them?
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by So Fla Cop
      Yes


      Damn........thats a powerful statement to say.


      So why do you think there isn't camaraderie in LE anymore?
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by So Fla Cop
        Are you nuts junior? They are one the of few agencies left with some semblance of camaraderie. Hollywood would be my choice if I was starting over.
        Thank you, that dude must be off his rocker. Some of the best benefits in the area I hear too! I'd probably work with them over any city agency in the South FL area just because of what I hear from THEIR officers.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
          Damn........thats a powerful statement to say.


          So why do you think there isn't camaraderie in LE anymore?
          The camaraderie doesn't exist anymore partly because of the monster that my illustrious dept created, compstat. At least up here anyways. All that bullsh**t numbers game does is pit cops agaisnt cops for the sake of numbers. Its ridonkulous. However, backing each other up is HUGE.

          As for you guys talking about NYPD you are correct. The last LOD death we had from gunfire was Timonshenko in '07, that was on a carstop with 3 savages who stole a bmw in long island. He got shot in the face. The one thing that I can say about that incident which is why I would recommend going somewhere with good technology is this. That car came back stolen, unfortunately these guys didn't know this before they made thier approach cause our computer systems blow and the only other way to run it is to go over the air, which, when you have 2 precincts per division including housing, that adds up to almost 200 different cops on one channel in the busier precincts.

          The last guy we lost, Schaberger, was pushed over a railing and broke his neck during a scuffle on a domestic. In all my time on the job, although we have guys that fight with us constantly, I luckily have never seen a guy get killed or seriously injured due to perp violence. Thats a good thing, and I credit that to a)the amount of cops we have on the street and b)the fact that we always ride doubles.

          Now compare that to some of these smaller places, and you can see how much more dangerous they are in regards. So for someone to say the city is more dangerous etc etc, its hooey really. Inherently our job is dangerous, but I have to say, I give those guys in smaller depts where backup is 20 mins away doing carstops by themselves a lot of credit. Thats dangerous. Me, if I call for help, the army will be there in 30 seconds. Anyone whos worked here and called an 85 can attest to that. So Fla Cop I think could attest to that.

          I also agree with Delta in his analysis, The officer down memorial page says it pretty clear. Just look at the majority of guys who have died. Most are from depts you've never heard of with only a handful of guys on the payroll.

          I'm rambling on a little, but my point is this. Doesn't matter where you work, its how you work that keeps you going home at night. Its also how guys work together. Find a dept where guys stick together and drop everything to respond to you in seconds, and thats a good dept in my opinion.

          Now, instead of whats the best dept in the state, cause I am looking at coming here, How bout we just compare some to each other, for instance, most details/units, best toys, backing up their cops, thats the sort of stuff that I'm interested in. Not, I work in loss prevention and these guys suck, cause lets be honest, you don't work there so you really don't know.

          I'd like to hear some good points about places for a change.

          Comment


          • #20
            I understand that the job is dangerous anywhere regardless. But if you look at the site for Florida and officers killed. You clearly see that their from mostly metropolitan areas throughout the state. I see the correlation between metropolitan areas and facing more odds of getting hurt but if you all feel that their isn't for THIS State then fine. I still believe what I've tried to point out with what I've said. Stay safe out there guys......
            Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

            Comment


            • #21
              +1 on Hollywood still being a very good place to work. They are one of the last places that all of the officers demand that they be treated with respect and they know how to take care of business when they need to. I have no regrets going where I did, but wouldn't object going to Hollywood either.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
                I understand that the job is dangerous anywhere regardless. But if you look at the site for Florida and officers killed. You clearly see that their from mostly metropolitan areas throughout the state. I see the correlation between metropolitan areas and facing more odds of getting hurt but if you all feel that their isn't for THIS State then fine. I still believe what I've tried to point out with what I've said. Stay safe out there guys......
                Someone must've sold you the wrong dope. Look at it this way, no matter where you have a TS, you can be shot. Dirt road in BF Okeechobee or a city street. People are crazy no matter where you go. You aren't safe at any particular department no matter how much backup you have. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and don't make statements about departments of which you have NO idea what you're talking about.
                Last edited by Taylor13; 06-05-2011, 07:24 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think the Florida school for the Blind and Deaf police are the best...virtually no crime there..
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
                    Manatee is a decent place but the pay and benefits doesn't compare to the other agencies you listed. Go with Tampa, they have good pay and awesome benefits.
                    I know I'm jumping on this one kinda late but this last week I had a chance to fly down from up North and got a pretty good "Boots on the Ground" experience so having an outsiders perspective let me say that I was able to meet up with Unit 453 and got a first hand look at how his job rolls..I must say I was impressed, the benefits are way better than anything I have up north, right now I pay 40% for a basic HMO, have a fixed schedual, no take home car, and very little chance of advancement, I also kick in 7.5% for retirement and pay state income tax on top of that...I won't even go into the cost of home ownership up here. Also there's no such area as low risk and while our night was not action packed the contacts we did make could have easily gone sideways at anytime. As far as Tampa goes don't know much about their dept, I'm sure they're decent but aren't the officers kicking in something like either 11% or 14% for their retirement...so that's a good chunck of money comming out...those are things folks need to look at, not just the salary. Just food for thought...Hey Unit I tried the sweet tea at lunch the next day...my god!!!!! my pancreas hates you now lol..I like sweet but man that was a bit off the chart...Thanks again..
                    "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by FinestFish View Post
                      Me, if I call for help, the army will be there in 30 seconds. Anyone whos worked here and called an 85 can attest to that.
                      I'll co-sign on that. That's also what reduces the risks of working in a place like NYC or any big city for that matter. I've been in the 85 situation before, and once you call for help, an army of blue appears in under 30 seconds. More like 20 seconds. The camaraderie where I work is actually pretty good (Brooklyn North).

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sgt Jack View Post
                        I know I'm jumping on this one kinda late but this last week I had a chance to fly down from up North and got a pretty good "Boots on the Ground" experience so having an outsiders perspective let me say that I was able to meet up with Unit 453 and got a first hand look at how his job rolls..I must say I was impressed, the benefits are way better than anything I have up north, right now I pay 40% for a basic HMO, have a fixed schedual, no take home car, and very little chance of advancement, I also kick in 7.5% for retirement and pay state income tax on top of that...I won't even go into the cost of home ownership up here. Also there's no such area as low risk and while our night was not action packed the contacts we did make could have easily gone sideways at anytime. As far as Tampa goes don't know much about their dept, I'm sure they're decent but aren't the officers kicking in something like either 11% or 14% for their retirement...so that's a good chunck of money comming out...those are things folks need to look at, not just the salary. Just food for thought...Hey Unit I tried the sweet tea at lunch the next day...my god!!!!! my pancreas hates you now lol..I like sweet but man that was a bit off the chart...Thanks again..



                        Another northerner looking to take my gig?? I'd say cool, but I hate my fellow M*******s...

                        But I feel your pain on every point....
                        surly?? screw you....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          LMAO!!! Hey give a shout out to him btw he was asking for you.
                          "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Uh oh.. Actually, the poor bahstid's gonna be seeing my ugly mug down there shortly... Rumor is his ears perk up at the word "beer".. mmmmm beeeeerrr......
                            surly?? screw you....

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Im from CA, but I have seen Boyton Beach PD on COPS a few times. They seemed to have decent equipment, and a professional staff. Is there a reason they were not on the "List" of good agencies in the state? Just wondering
                              Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                John, thanks for comin down and riding along. Sorry it was kind of a slow day but ya never know. Firday was pandemonium on the other hand. I hope I didn't talk your ear off. It was a pleasure meeting you in person. I hope it kinda opened your eyes as to how we run things here and what to expect.


                                And I certainly DO NOT have an army arrive when I call for additonal units. I'm lucky to get 2 and that'll take them 10-15 minutes at triple digit speeds. I got into an incident last year on a traffic stop and I called for another unit, then asked them to step it up. They dispatched 2 units to me and the first got there in 7 minutes and the second took 14. 7 minutes is a VERY long time when you have 4 people at gunpoint, by your self. It all worked out though.

                                At any rate, I'm glad you made it down.

                                Deuce, India Pale Ale - Long Hammer IPA is the flavor of the month. I'm into really hoppy brews.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 2344 users online. 128 members and 2216 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X