300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Destin-vacation

Hey guys, TX LEO here looking for a good vacation during the last weekend in August with my g/f. Anybody have any good suggestions on hotel/things to see? Gonna stay down for 3 days. Any good info would be appreciated. Y'all b careful out yonder

Your TX brother

McGuire's Irish Pub dude!!! Best burgers, prime rib, and Beef Burgundy ON THE PLANET!!!! You'll be near the Destin location, lots of cool stuff to see. Mainly the gorgeous beachs. Your real centrally located between Pensacola and Panama City. Panama City has alot of tourists due to the clubs and bars that you see on all the Spring Break shows. Pensacola is my hometown so I'm partial to the area. Lots of history in Pcola, City of Five Flags and all that. I just realized that was kinda vague but I hope it helps a little.

Comment

Great fishing lol.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

I remember Destin, the island, and FWB back in the late 90's/early 2000's . Back before it became so inundated with shopping, and attractions.. It's still a kick *** place, and I'd go back there in a heartbeat. In Destin, I liked to go to the Crab Trap on the beach, and FudRuckers I think it was called..

Comment

My zone encompasses Destin, FWB and Niceville. I enjoy working the Destin Bridge, mainly for the beautiful scenery. That and it's like shooting fish in a barrel; being a 35mph zone, I'll get people there all day long at 60+ easily. But, if your looking for places to go then just cruise up and down US98 from FWB to Destin. There are so many restaurants and other attractions to keep you busy. McGuires's Irish Pub is good for burgers and beer. If you can get your hands on a rental boat, check out Crab Island. The water is freakin' gorgeous. It is just under and to the north of the Destin bridge. Also near the Destin bridge is the Harbor Walk, which has numerous restaurants and shopping area's. Plenty of place around here to rent jet ski's or go para-sailing/kite boarding. I even see that some people are now strapping motor's with large fans on them and using large kites to fly around over the coast line. Any other question feel free to PM me.
          ~Nobody wins....
          when everyone's losing~

Comment

KJ's. Best little hole in the wall bar on the coast. Sits right on a marina. Not to be confused with AJ's, which is where all the young partiers and young airman go. My wife and I grew up in Crestview just north of there and whenever we go home we hit it up. PM your email address and I'll get you directions. Also, Jim N Nicks BBQ in Baytowne Wharf in Sandestin Resort. Best sweet tea ever. We have one across the street from our range and I drank 3 glasses after qualifying in 98* heat today. Summerplace Inn gives police the govt discount. We've stayed there both before and after they renovated and it's great. My sister's BF is a Fort Walton Beach copper, and I have a HS buddy who is a Crestview detective so I still get down there from time to time. Any other questions send me a pm and I'll try and remember more. I'll ask my wife in the morning she gets down there more than I do.
            "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

Are there condos you can rent right on beaches. My son's going to be stationed at Hurlburt by the end of the year and I want to do Christmas on the beach.
              Aim for Center Mass

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys. Definitely gonna print this bad boy out and make a few rounds at the places mentioned.. Feel free to post any other suggestions...

Be careful

Comment

jrablee, yeah there is condos to rent on the beach....less in the winter due to snow birds but the cost is gonna be crazy.

iamacop, any other questions let me know. I'm trying to go down at the end of this month.
                  "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

Dont know if your an aviation buff of any kind, but at Eglin AFB right across the bridge is the Air Force Munitions Museum. Not very big, but some very cool aircraft, and the inside displays are very cool also. they have a damn MOAB on display

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Armament_Museum

And it's a bit of a driver over to Pensacola, but the Naval Aviation Museum is there with a ton of very cool aircraft. One of which is a cutaway of a WWII PBY patrol seaplane.

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/

I'm spending week or so down there for some testing in March, if I stumble across anything, I'll post it up for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6615 users online. 363 members and 6252 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X