300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flagler County Sheriff, Florida

I just took my SOCE exam and was inquiring about Flagler County Sheriff's Office. Anyone work there in the Palm Coast area. How do you like it....how busy are you...do they pay some additinal money with salary...any other feedback would be great...thanks...

so, it's been like 2 1/2 months....i guess no one has any knowledge about the Flagler County sheriff's department.

Comment

Its not a very popular Sheriff's Office. I remember I asked ions ago about a small county Sheriff's Office up in the Panhandle called the Washington County Sheriff's Office. No one ever responded to my thread. I guess they don't have people on here like other areas around Florida do. Its mostly South Florida and the Tampa area that gets talked about more frequently than others on here.
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

They dont get paid beans, that much I do know.

Comment

Well, the major city in Flagler County is Palm Coast, which according to statistics has a population of 69,000. Flagler County as a whole reports a population of 85,000. The towns of Bunnell and Flagler Beach have their own agencies, but Palm Coast and the rest of the county rely on the Sheriff's Office. Lots of people from up north relocated to Palm Coast in the early 2000's when the housing market was booming. Quite a substantial population of spanish speaking folks reside there, but is in no way the majority. It's a nice little city, but extremely, extremely confusing. I couldn't imagine being a new deputy in this city, trying to respond to a call. The city is divided into sections alphabetically. It's common for someone to say they live in the R's or the B's for example. I actually live in Daytona Beach, but have a few friends who live there. Look up the city on mapquest or something and zoom in to any section and see what I'm talking about. It's very confusing lol. I'm currently attending the academy at Daytona State College, and am hoping to set up a ride along with the department this week. I will tell you what I learn, and my impressions after my ride. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
            Its not a very popular Sheriff's Office. I remember I asked ions ago about a small county Sheriff's Office up in the Panhandle called the Washington County Sheriff's Office. No one ever responded to my thread. I guess they don't have people on here like other areas around Florida do. Its mostly South Florida and the Tampa area that gets talked about more frequently than others on here.
            I don't see why it matters how popular it is. Palm Coast is a nice area to patrol though I have family up there and have talked with a few deputies. Not sure about the call volume but the people in the area are generally nice, a lot of the community is retired veterans and younger families. Though when there's nothing to do you know what kids do. Don't know much else but that.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              I don't see why it matters how popular it is. Palm Coast is a nice area to patrol though I have family up there and have talked with a few deputies. Not sure about the call volume but the people in the area are generally nice, a lot of the community is retired veterans and younger families. Though when there's nothing to do you know what kids do. Don't know much else but that.

I meant "not popular" in that its not an area that is mentioned compared to other counties and areas around the state.
              Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Got the paperwork for the ride along from HR, surprisingly friendly, and helpful. Refreshing so far! Try calling BSO or Miami and getting someone to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by tvalliere View Post
                  Got the paperwork for the ride along from HR, surprisingly friendly, and helpful. Refreshing so far! Try calling BSO or Miami and getting someone to help you.

Been there and done that with both agencies. lol

I would say though that BSO is the worse. Even if you dare ask about the ride along program. Your looked at as if you were an alien or had the plague. At least with Miami Dade they tell you where to go to get the paperwork. BSO, it was kinda like a treasure hunt. Either they didn't know where to send me or they just plain didn't want to help me. I've done numerous ride alongs with local agencies in my area and all of them have been super friendly to me when it comes to the ride along request and some have gotten excited that they have someone interested. South Florida is just a different world, different world my friend lol.
                  Last edited by NavCop22; 08-02-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Ya, BSO transferred me to a few different departments, and never got a final answer on where to get the ride along paperwork. I actually got a fax # from Miami Beach, because the paperwork was available online, but faxed it off (2) months ago, and haven't heard anything. I tried calling, but got nowhere. So, I'm learning unless you are in the area, it's next to impossible to set anything up. Oh, same as Monroe County SO, no luck there as well. I still have till December in the academy (part time class), but I'm itching to get out there and learn as much as I can you know. I want to know from the surface anyway that I'm choosing the best departments to apply at.

Comment

good luck on your ride along and thanks for any input....when you do a ride along, if you would, ask about the department's morale....how's the current sheriff, what's their call volume and their pay scale, (starting, with or without experience, and what do they top out at and at how many years....if you go to Palm Coast, how many guys on a shift etc...) This was just an area I was looking at and was interested in.....not alot of people on this site had first hand knowledge....thanks....

Comment

Sounds good, I'll let you know what I learn.

Comment

i was at a public gathering to honor a pines cop for valor.......it was public safety appreciation nite,
                          the asst chief for hwpd was their, he bought pizza and drinks, he's running for sheriff, the demo crat canidate scott israel was their, sheriff lamberti was their & fire dept command staff, a old buddy from 20 yrs ago who was a Lt...asked me if i wanted to do a ride along..i had to laugh....26 yrs was enough !! ( deputize me for a john wayne bar room brawl )...now that i'd go for...
                          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Well, I finalized my ride along this morning. After numerous attempts, calls, voicemails, and heartache. I may have jumped the gun thinking this department was different from some of the others I've encountered. Anyway, I ride this Saturday night for (4) hours. I was hoping to go a little longer but I guess it's how they do it. I'll report as to what I found.

Comment

4 hrs?? Geez.. Not even enough time to warm the seat. Oh well, hopefully something happens for you
                              The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3141 users online. 158 members and 2983 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X