300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Island PD

Is anyone aware of how working down in Marco Island for the PD is...any internal or external problems or is it a good job/pay/career?

Originally posted by bob3812 View Post
    Is anyone aware of how working down in Marco Island for the PD is...any internal or external problems or is it a good job/pay/career?

The pay is pretty good and the department seems to be run in good shape. However, I applied there about a few months ago when they had an opening which doesn't happen very often. I was turned down because "I would get bored working there" they seem to want retired officers from other departments. That way they double dip and basically patrol around and respond to BS calls like loud neighbors and the occasional party. So, unless you are retired from another agency or your "seasoned", they won't even consider you. Which their reasoning is if crap hits the fan then they know what to do, which in Marco it doesn't happen very often hahaha lol
    Last edited by NavCop22; 05-27-2011, 03:49 PM.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Nav, thanks for the info...appreciate it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bob3812 View Post
        Nav, thanks for the info...appreciate it!!!!

Not a problem, You should look into Naples PD if you have a degree. I swear they have an opening every couple of weeks. They are also a good department to work with, good pay and low risk for their area. You'll be doing mostly traffic and responding to BS calls.
        Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6244 users online. 364 members and 5880 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X