300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hialeah Police Process

Anyone knows what the testing process consists for Hialeah Police?

Anybody???

Comment

was going to apply. but since around 400 cert had already applied.. didnt really bothered.

Comment

you should of applied, only because 400 cert applied doesnt mean you cant get the job.
        Never lose hope. Always throw the dice and see what it rolls.
        Yea 400 applied but break it down, some have arrest records, or over 4 traffic tickets in the pass 5 years, filed bankruptcy, way to in debt, been baker acted, domestic violence, d.u.i, or just failed the application process.

Always go for it, you just never know

Comment

how do you know the amount that applied?

Comment

I know the several H.R personel.
            they were over 1000 applications from which more than 400 were already certified. there is 12 openings... but yes i should have applied.. you never know when you can get a lucky shot. but. im just thinking of sponsoring myself through the academy

Comment

Originally posted by SanJohnnySan View Post
              I know the several H.R personel.
              they were over 1000 applications from which more than 400 were already certified. there is 12 openings... but yes i should have applied.. you never know when you can get a lucky shot. but. im just thinking of sponsoring myself through the academy

Thats f**king awesome!!! This is why I think I'm going into Firefighting now. Going to the academy and getting certified was a total waste of my time and resources. The state is pumping out too many certs for the little jobs that are available. Maybe, when the economy turns around more jobs will be available. So that MOST people that self sponsor themselves, actually GET jobs that they trained and went to school for.......

I wish all of you guys good luck along with me because I ended up applying to Hialeah before I officially gave up my search for a LE job.
              Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

You should always apply, you dont know the other applicants background. Hopefully me having a degree and this time living in Hiealeh can at least help me out a bit.

Good luck to everyone,

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
                  Thats f**king awesome!!! This is why I think I'm going into Firefighting now. Going to the academy and getting certified was a total waste of my time and resources. The state is pumping out too many certs for the little jobs that are available. Maybe, when the economy turns around more jobs will be available. So that MOST people that self sponsor themselves, actually GET jobs that they trained and went to school for.......

I wish all of you guys good luck along with me because I ended up applying to Hialeah before I officially gave up my search for a LE job.
                  Right, because Firefighting isn't as saturated as LE. If anything there are even more people waiting for those jobs that are certified firefighters. Not to mention how many certified paramedics there are in South Florida who would take precedence over certified firefighters if they are only EMT certified. How long ago did you go through the academy? What agencies have you applied to?

Comment

Originally posted by ness1083 View Post
                    You should always apply, you dont know the other applicants background. Hopefully me having a degree and this time living in Hiealeh can at least help me out a bit.

Good luck to everyone,
                    You never know. Anyone who applied hear anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDave08 View Post
                      You never know. Anyone who applied hear anything yet?
                      I was told that they dont start sending letters 'till they stop accepting applications, which it was last Friday the 20th.

Comment

Right, because Firefighting isn't as saturated as LE. If anything there are even more people waiting for those jobs that are certified firefighters. Not to mention how many certified paramedics there are in South Florida who would take precedence over certified firefighters if they are only EMT certified. How long ago did you go through the academy? What agencies have you applied to?

I know its saturated like LE but my buddy that JUST graduated from the Fire academy got picked up already doing a volunteer gig for min wage at a station. I know thats not much but its more than what I got with LE. I graduated the academy in Feb and still nothing. They are way too many cert applicants out there now for little to no jobs. I've been turned down by nine agencies already. Everyone I know keeps telling me to do Fire. So, thats what I'm seriously thinking about doing. I can probably get a job quicker than with LE. Its frustrating to see that I completely wasted my time going through the academy for nothing.
                        Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't be so disappointed as to give up already with only 3 months out of the academy. Hiring processes for most agencies are usually several months in length anyway. Were you actually in the hiring process for the agencies that turned you down or did they turn you down right off the bat because of the number of applicants? I'm not certified, so I'm hoping to get picked up and sponsored. I got a 96 on my CJBAT and I passed my PAT in 3:40 last week. So far, that's all I got. I would hope people's scores on those tests make a difference in ranking during the hiring process, but you never know.
                          Last edited by SteveDave08; 05-24-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ness1083 View Post
                            I was told that they dont start sending letters 'till they stop accepting applications, which it was last Friday the 20th.
                            I just heard that it's gonna be a while before those letters go out. Maybe 2-3 months.
                            Last edited by SteveDave08; 05-24-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I just heard yesterday that it's gonna be a while before those letters go out. Maybe 2-3 months.
                              Wow that's long, yea the lady at HR told me she has no idea when they were going to start sending those letters out, but defenetely after they stop taking applications.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2956 users online. 174 members and 2782 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X