Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida pd's

Hey got a question for you guys...

I am a cop in NYC for 3.5 years now and am looking to make the move fromNY to FL. I just sent down my app to Ft Lauderdale because they do laterals and they dont require the CJBAT scores.

Ques #1: If somebody on here has done a lateral from another department can they let me know what the process is like and how long it takes to get hired?

Ques #2: Are there any other departments in FL that dont require those test scores and will take my academy training?

Ques#3: What other departments are hiring right now that I could look into because i am looking to take a leave of absence in August and make the move to FL? Or are there any jobs that i could look into in the meantime?

Brother, look through this section a bit. This question comes up at least once a week.

First of all, it's not a "lateral" move. You'll be starting over at the bottom.

Before you waste any more time dropping applications, get your certification out of the way first.

Google or search for "Chipola" college here. It's been discussed about 7349 times this past year alone. Get a hold of your training/ academy records and send them down to Chipola. They'll evaluate you and waive the academy. Then you'll have to fly down and spend 5 days in a "high liability" course, which is nothing more than EVOC, firearms training, first aid and defensive tactics. Once you complete the week, sign up for the state exam. Take it, pass it and BAM, you're certified.

THEN, start applying.

The state is pumping out thousands of certified applicants each month. No one is gonna even look your way if you're not state certified. They won't spend a dime on you to get certified, especially when the majority of the applicants now are applying in droves WITH a state certification.

So, do yourself a favor and get certified before you do anything else. It's not a hard process, nor is it really time consuming.

Many of us here previously worked in NY (I worked upstate) and made the transition down here so, just do us all a favor and sift through this (Florida) section. There's already a ton of good info in here that's been going on for years.

And while you're sifting through this section, there's lots of good info on good agencies to apply for.

Comment

i kno its not a lateral move its just more pay as a rookie cop and i kno ft lauderdale recruiter said just to send down my academy stuff and thats it...and i have been looking through this section alot cause i need to get out of ny soon...and i will def look into Chipola if its that easy i am fine with doing it that way...do florida pds look highly at or give you a better look at with certification from another state??

Comment

i need to get out of ny soon...
        OK, Who did you knock up?? jk

I wish you luck
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

haha nobody pay not good enough for the cost of living to support a wife and 5 month old

Comment

You ever think about Virginia? or MD?

I was looking at some of the homes in both States and it's amazing what you can get out there.

It's not right what they pay the men and woman in NYC to serve and protect. Good Luck my friend and check out both areas if you can.
            MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3159 users online. 165 members and 2994 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X