300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agency EOT Course Preference...?

Do certain agencies have a preference as to where an out-of-state experienced lateral attends their EOT course, "specifically" agencies like: Tampa, St. Petersburg, Hillsborough County, etc...

If anyone has any specific experience or knowledge, I'd appreciate it!

Negative, hombre. They don't care where you got it from, all they care is that you got it and have your FL Cert.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Agencies in FL don't care where you go long as you pass the state test. Hillsborough county won't take laterals. They'll make you go through the whole academy.

Comment

Thanks - I had heard that Tampa PD prefers for laterals to go to St. Petersburg College [EOT Academy].

Anyone out here from that agency that can speak to that...?

Comment

That's like hiring based on what high school you went to. They all teach the same thing, per FDLE standards.

If you want to get it done quick, save a ton of cash, have fun and only burn a couple days of vacation, go to Chipola. You'll be done in 5 days. It's by far the cheapest and shortest out there. Many of us here have gone through there. I did back in 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by secondchance1 View Post
            Thanks - I had heard that Tampa PD prefers for laterals to go to St. Petersburg College [EOT Academy].

Anyone out here from that agency that can speak to that...?
            Don't know who you heard that from, but there's no truth to it. We don't have any instructors who teach at SPC, nor do they really have any sort of relationship with the department. All we care about is that you have that Florida certification. Where you get it doesn't mean a thing.

Comment

Thanks all! That clears things up a bit for me...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3563 users online. 189 members and 3374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X