Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressing files for People First

Hey guys,

I'm uploading files to People First. However it looks like their file size limit is 1.4 megs or so forth. What other file types do they accept besides .pdf? .htm? What's the best way to shrink a .pdf without rescanning it? (I have certificates, etc. that I scanned as a .pdf). Can I compress or zip the file via Windows?

Thanks for any help. Almost half the files are around 3 megs I need to finish uploading.

D30
    "Just when you think you know all the answers, we change the questions."
    -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Peoples worst? Dunno. Gunna hijack your thread here and ask how you've been doing? You get hired onto a department yet?

As for the file compression, have you just tried saving a scanned document as a jpeg of .png file? You can also zip them using WinRAR. Google it, download it and go that route.
    Last edited by LawlSTi; 04-29-2011, 02:41 PM.
    ~Nobody wins....
    when everyone's losing~

Comment

Thanks for the input. I took the state exam this week, and am anxiously awaiting the results. The test was easier than I thought though.

I'm not hired yet, but I'm resubmitting my application to your department as well as MCCO. I just have to get these files the right size! I downloaded a .pdf compression program and it said most of the .pdfs were already at max compression. I could see that, as some .pdfs can be pretty huge, and my biggest one is 5 megs.

I'll try the RAR program. I've heard of it but never used it.

Thanks.
      -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

This sucks! Why can't People First have a file size limit like GovernmentJobs.com?

I guess I won't upload any documents period and submit them all with my supplemental application.
        -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Originally posted by Department 30 View Post
          Hey guys,

I'm uploading files to People First. However it looks like their file size limit is 1.4 megs or so forth. What other file types do they accept besides .pdf? .htm? What's the best way to shrink a .pdf without rescanning it? (I have certificates, etc. that I scanned as a .pdf). Can I compress or zip the file via Windows?

Thanks for any help. Almost half the files are around 3 megs I need to finish uploading.

D30
          Check in acrobat for the option to "optimize" your PDF, that will make the file size smaller. If you do not have that option, modify your scanner settings when scanning.
          MDC BLE 270

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2646 users online. 144 members and 2502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X