300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usf pd

Can anybody please tell me about USF PD. I called them to find out more about salary, shift hrs etc . They told me that need to apply first, interview etc. Here are a few things that I would like to know about them :

- Since they start with $38,000.00 , Any increase after you done with FTO program ? or after one year ?

- Shifts hours ?

- I was told that they are having problems to keep people around. Any idea why ?

- Are they on the City or County limits ?

Thanks for any info.

Are they currently hiring? and do schools even hire non-certs?

Comment

They aren't hiring period, and won't for a very, very looong time. I know because I applied and I was told by HR that they aren't looking anytime soon. Why they have the position listed as "Open" on their career section? Have no clue!!!
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

She lied to you Nav! :O

Comment

Hmm. Sucks I am not certified :/

Comment

A plus for USF PD is that a lot of hot women that go to USF. So there's that. But yeah, they're only taking certified. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by SanJohnnySan View Post
              She lied to you Nav! :O
              Yep. She told me yesterday they are hiring 2 certified Police officers.

Comment

As of a few weeks ago, They are not hiring for LEOs AT ALL because of their budget. They are on an unofficial hiring freeze until they get more funding to hire more LEOs. The reason why they have the ad up is because they are holding on to apps until they can start officially hiring for the position again.

I applied about three months ago and they haven't even looked at my application and I'm certified. So I know that I wasn't lied to about their hiring freeze or whatever they want to call it.
                Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew103 View Post
                  I was told the same thing. I wish I had known about this earlier. I recently graduated from the academy and one of our DT instructors is a Sgt with USF, and he probably would have had some good info. Anyhow, when I talked to one of their HR people, she told me to go ahead and apply because they were going to be hiring fairly soon.

Comment

Originally posted by elchorizo View Post
                    I was told the same thing. I wish I had known about this earlier. I recently graduated from the academy and one of our DT instructors is a Sgt with USF, and he probably would have had some good info. Anyhow, when I talked to one of their HR people, she told me to go ahead and apply because they were going to be hiring fairly soon.

That can be translated into days or months. We shall wait and see, I know when I called they pretty much told me that they were holding on to apps but not ACTIVELY hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew103 View Post
                      Hahaha! I told nav!

Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
                      That can be translated into days or months. We shall wait and see, I know when I called they pretty much told me that they were holding on to apps but not ACTIVELY hiring.
                      I keep telling you :O they is lieeeyiiiinn to you!

Comment

Confirmed.......Just called HR in USF Tampa and they said they are NOT currently hiring but are accepting applications for future openings. As of today my application packet is active and they are going to notify me as soon as they go ahead with my packet to process me.

So the previous poster was right about them hiring SOON. However, it is unknown how soon it will be. Again, this can be translated into days or weeks.
                        Last edited by NavCop22; 04-22-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2971 users online. 173 members and 2798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X