300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I have to do?

I don't really wanna put my business out there but I'm at my wits end. I work for a small agency (12 sworn) been there 4 years now and I'm trying to go to a larger agency. The problem is for the last two years that I've been trying to go somewhere else I've been turned down by everyone of them. I do have some hiccups in my past employment 6 or 7 years ago, no terminations, just voluntary resign while on probation. Is 6 years not enough time for past opps' to not haunt me. What would make up for past employment blemishes? (letters of recommendation, more time, what?)

Sorry if I sound desperate, but I am getting a dejected about it all. Any help or suggetions will be greatly appreciated.

I have the same issue with an employer I worked for about four years ago. I worked for a Sheriff's office and I did something stupid online as a joke and it had offensive content on it, and I was let go because of it DURING my probationary period. I just got my cert in LE and that job that happened at was corrections. So, I'm in your same boat kinda. Just keep trucking brother, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere.
    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4255 users online. 233 members and 4022 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X