300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alachua County SO

Im looking at applying with ACSO. I am currently employed in Florida but am looking to re locate. I like the area and would like to get a degree from UF. Im trying to get as much info on the agency as possible. im looking for stuff you cant get from the website. Call volume off duty work advancement etc. Will they hire full time or do you have to start at reserve status. Thanks in advance for the feed back

I was looking for information about them too but according to their website there aren't any positions open...maybe someone else can give some insight?
    "No excuses, play like a champion!"

Comment

They currently are only hiring reserves. However, the window between being hired as a reserve and being turned into a full time deputy doesn't seem to be too long. I know one guy who was hired as a reserve, and was made full time in less than a month. This was over the summer. I am not too sure about call volume. Off duty work, I'm pretty sure, is very rare. Beyond Gator football games, there's nothing too consistent overtime detail wise.

Comment

i am sure they are hiring for their jai,..so please apply
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Reserves is a really good way to get in, many reserve deputies have been offered fulltime jobs once they finish FTO.
          Last edited by fleetguy; 01-20-2012, 08:36 PM.
          I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

Any deputies with Alachua mind PMing me? I'm interested and would like to talk to someone that works at the SO.
            "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

I'll put my 2 cents in even though I have no personal experience there. A good friend and prior co-worker transfered to the road there a little over a year ago. He hates it, and I mean he really hates it. Enough so that he is trying to get hired elsewhere already. My agency is very liberal and we are still allowed to be cops, which doesn't seem to be too common now a days. I think Alachua is very conservative and polititcal, and from talking with him it sounds they define micro-managing. He said a lot of the guys there love it, so think a lot of it just has to do with him coming from an agency that was completely opposite.
              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3561 users online. 204 members and 3357 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X