300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDPD Finally Hiring Again ?!?!

Today I spoke with a high ranking official within the MDPD, and he told me they were going to re-open hiring for non-certified applicants between late this year and early next year. He told me they would be looking to fill roughly 300 positions within the County, best of luck to all that apply and hopefully this information comes to fruition!

Thats awsome news! Now does 300 within the county mean 300 within MDPD or Broward agencies in general?

Comment

We'll never know until they post it up on the website!!!

Comment

I wish I had fifty bucks for every time someone has posted here about hearing from someone "high up" that Miami Dade was going to start hiring again....

Peterhug: MDPD = Dade County, not Broward.
        Last edited by PS100; 04-16-2011, 10:32 PM.
        FHP:

1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
        2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
        3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
        4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
        5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
        6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
        7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
        8) ACADEMY: PENDING

Comment

lol the plan is to hire, but these things are never certain until there final. 300 positions I really hope they weren't shooting the wind...

Comment

That seems a bit high, but who knows FHP is looking to hire about that much. And seeing that MDPD is a much larger agency it is plausible.

Comment

honestly, i wouldnt get your hopes up to high...we are not looking to hire again until next year possibly the following....
              sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
              D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
              Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

We? You work for Metro?

Comment

Rumors, rumors, and rumors don't make friends little boys and girls!!! lol

On a serious note though, I really do hope that they start hiring soon. Miami Dade needs more officers for several reasons. Man power is barely at an acceptable level in several of the districts. I really do hope this rumor becomes to be a real deal.
                  Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Originally posted by LeoRespect View Post
                    We? You work for Metro?

What he said lol

Especially, with the MBPD in your name haha lol. Just busting your balls lmao. Which I'm going to go ahead and assume its for Miami Beach PD.
                    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Opa Locka needs officers. I see a cop one in a blue moon! literally. I go weeks without seeing one... and I work right by opa locka so I pass by there on a daily basis!

Comment

Originally posted by SanJohnnySan View Post
                        Opa Locka needs officers. I see a cop one in a blue moon! literally. I go weeks without seeing one... and I work right by opa locka so I pass by there on a daily basis!

I'm not surprised by that lol, I'm really not, They are a waste to have in my opinion. They should disband their agency and let Metro service that area, Or they need to revamp their agency and start from scratch again. I feel for those guys nonetheless though. It's tough working that area of Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by NavCop22 View Post
                          I'm not surprised by that lol, I'm really not, They are a waste to have in my opinion. They should disband their agency and let Metro service that area, Or they need to revamp their agency and start from scratch again. I feel for those guys nonetheless though. It's tough working that area of Miami.
                          I know. but i find it kind of funny that everytime i see a traffic stop, its usually a hialeah cop, or a mdpd cop. and i wonder.. how the hell did they get here? funny thing is.. i called about a drug exchange about a month and a half ago and dispatch told me that they where on their way. it took them more than 20 mins to get to the scene. The 2 guys exhanging what seemed to be cocaine had left around 5 minutes before that. Id say if it even took them 10 mins they would have cought these two guys. 20 mins and they just drove by. outrageous.

Comment

Yeah, the jurisdictions are really screwy in Miami. I remember going to Miami and driving through Pinecrest and I saw a Hialeah cruiser running code through Cutler Ridge and through Pinecrest and I was like "What the hell?" Normal laws and guidelines don't apply in Miami I guess. The jurisdictions over there are like the twilight zone, Where normal things don't apply LMAO.

Opa-Locka is just a waste to have, That's really pathetic that they couldn't get there faster. But again, You have to remember that most depts, Including Opa-Locka are operating on skeleton staff at this time, along with Miami-Dade. That's why Metro NEEDS to hire MORE AND MORE AND MORE officers.

Comment

Yeap.. Metro dade has little officers.. but i guess your right.. lol! Normal things dont apply here in miami. also.. i dont understand how does opa locka have the best vehicles? all their patrols are chargers.. -__-!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5309 users online. 263 members and 5046 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X