300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallahassee Law Enforcement anyone? NEED SOME HELP

Beginning to be very depressing but im in High liability areas now in the academy at Pat Thomas and I've never shot a gun in my life. The very first attempt was my best I got 11 out of 12 in the #1 circle tight grouping. I dont know what to do now because that beginner luck has went down hill next three attempts were 8,5,and 4 out of like 12 i think. What do they do on a one on one basis for a student or am I on my own? A little contact info [email protected] if u have any advice

Just listen to what the instructors say. I never shot a gun in my life and when I went through the police academy I did just fine because I listened to their instructions.
    NYPD

Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
    Medical: TBD
    Psych Exam: TBD
    Oral Psych: TBD
    Meet BI: TBD
    JST: TBD
    Mini-Medical: TBD

Comment

I dont know what my issue is. I think i have figured out the trigger control and placement of finger. sometimes i anticiapte the shot and sometimes i dont, but i dont think thats my issue. I think its just not knowing how to align front and rear sights and it seems so simple. Another issue is the way they make us lock out our arms my arm gets tired because every shot i make it takes sometime to get it off. Maybe its waiting so long that makes my alignment get off.

Comment

we had alot of people that never shot before, and they all did fine. don't worry. if you have troubles, they'll usually take u in between courses and practice with you. you got nothing to worry about.

it's actually good because some people have shot and created bad habits. you have none

Comment

No such thing as beginners luck. The first time you were relaxed and following advice. Now my friend you have a mental block and trying to hard. Just relax and stop tightening every muscle in your body. let your spincter relax lol

You will be fine.
          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

You're over-thinking it... I can tell that just by reading your posts. You did well your first time because you just did what you were told and went for it. Now, you're putting the added pressure of repeating that and over thinking everything.

Calm down, breathe, do as your instructors tell you... it will come. Just relax and don't over-think it so much.
            I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
            - Mark Twain

Comment

Relax breathe sight alignment....don't anticipate the recoil. Squeeze don't pull AND just listen to the instructor. They want to see you succeed. You'll get through it just fine. Also a technique that I use is the aim small miss small. Meaning where ever your first round hits within the center of the target, you aim at the same spot where that previous round hit. Even if you miss, you still hit with in the target area. Get it? Good!! Now let's do some shooting!!!

Comment

sent you a PM 2convinced
                Academy Start Date: 7/18/11
                Test with State Agency:
                Background:
                Graduate Academy:
                Oral Board/Poly/Psych/Medical/Conditional Offer:
                Job Offer:
                Start Date:

Comment

A lot of people squeeze the trigger, and then jerk it at the very end. Make sure your trigger press is consistent. Don't forget your follow through, trigger reset and site picture. Also remember to breathe. Take a deep breath in, breathe out and pull the trigger at the very end of your exhale. You will be at your most relaxed state then.

Like said, your instructors will steer you in the right direction, just don't give up bud. You'll get it.

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments/advice im going to go to one of the instructors in the morning to seek one on one and advice. I do believe im over thinking it and after so many failed attempts there is a little block, but ill get it together. We still have much practicing to go. I'll let you know how the week goes ill be happy with a gradual increase in accuracy.......

Comment

They put me on the laser this morning for practice with sight alignment... Afterward we went straight into the qualification run to sample it, and surprisingly I got 41 out 48 with no disqualifications. I just pray I can mirror or improve on it when it counts later this week.... I guess when your at the 15 the 7 the 3 and the 1 you have the opportunity to make up for the 25......

Comment

You would be surprised how many people throw off rounds at 3,5, and 7. But good job...way to bounce back!!!

Comment

Remember to keep practicing even when you get out of the academy. Good luck.

Comment

Just would like everyone to know we did our first qualifying run today and i'm happy to say I qualified 42 out of 48, im praying i make my second Q run a passing one so I can be done. Just relaxed and followed the range instructor and thanked God for no malfunctions lol.

Comment

Good job! Remember slow trigger so you don't jerk.
                              NYPD

Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
                              Medical: TBD
                              Psych Exam: TBD
                              Oral Psych: TBD
                              Meet BI: TBD
                              JST: TBD
                              Mini-Medical: TBD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6915 users online. 361 members and 6554 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X