Clear All

• Plantation p.d. Hiring non cert/cert :d

POLICE OFFICER

(No closing date listed)
    http://www.plantation.org/Human-Reso...-openings.html

(Certified and Non-Certified)

Police Department
    Salary Range: (Certified) $53,367 - $77,967 Closing Date: Open until filled
    (Non-certified) $14.62 per hour plus overtime while attending Police Academy
    This is general police work in the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Police Officers perform work in accordance with the departmental rules and regulations and receive assignments and instructions from police personnel of higher rank.
    All applicants must meet all requirements of the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission and those of the Plantation Police Department.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

Must be a United States Citizen past the 19th birthdate as of the date of application. Proof of date of birth must be submitted with application. (Driver’s license will not be considered as proof of date of birth).
    Currently possess, or be eligible to obtain, a Florida Driver’s License with an overall good driving record. No single suspension of driver’s license within the past two (2) years and no more than two (2) suspensions within the past five (5) years history (except if suspension was due to insurance error or Clerk of Court error).
    Possess an Associates Degree, or 60 semester hours (with minimum 2.0 GPA) or 90 quarter hours (with minimum 2.0 GPA) of college course work accredited by a recognized accrediting agency and/or an honorable discharge from service in the U.S. Armed Forces and/or related law enforcement work experience.
    Never have been convicted of a felony or other crime, which would indicate a lack of good moral character.
    Last edited by sprinkles; 04-09-2011, 11:17 PM.

Thanks a lot. Looking into it. The only unfortunate thing is that they require an AA. Which I dont understand why would they require an AA and also the T.A.B.E.

Comment

If I read it correctly...it's a degree OR military OR law enforcement related experience

Comment

Originally posted by SanJohnnySan View Post
        Thanks a lot. Looking into it. The only unfortunate thing is that they require an AA. Which I dont understand why would they require an AA and also the T.A.B.E.
        I asked about this to someone in the academy and they told me that was not the case?

Comment

You need the TABE even with a degree.

Comment

But then what would be the degree for? I mean they are lots of people that are not well test takers.. EX: My cousin is in FIU Honor Roll..Has straight A's with the 3rd highest GPA in the whole school. Yet you give him a standarized test.. and he will most likely get a low score.

Comment

any idea of how many positions their looking to fill?

Comment

Originally posted by peterhug View Post
                any idea of how many positions their looking to fill?
                On their budget it says there are 3 unfunded positions, so I'm guessing 3.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4423 users online. 249 members and 4174 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X