Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State exam end of month, what to expect?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State exam end of month, what to expect?

I'm nearing my academy and we're graduating April 21st....

Our exam is on the 27th. So I wanted to ask here what kind of stuff I should expect on the exam?

are they questions from all the tests that we've taken? or are they specific to the state exam?

are there 'here is a situation, now what would you do?' questions?

do they concentrate on one area/chapter and then ask some questions from the other chapters?

I haven't failed any tests and I've been scoring low 90s throughout the academy, so I think I should be ok, but i'm still bit nervous. especially about the past topics.

Thanks!

ETA: Passed the state exam! just got the results! now to find a job in this economy...
    Last edited by eyildiz; 05-02-2011, 08:10 PM.

I`ll be there with you buddy. Graduate the 28th!!

Comment

If you've been doing well I'm sure you'll do just fine. Hit the books hard, get a good night sleep and eat some brain food. You're at PBS?

Comment

Good luck. There are a lot of scenarios on the test. I remember seeing a lot of legal stuff on mine too. It would be a scenario, and then they would ask something like what crime would you charge Joe with?

You should be OK, but just keep on studying. Good luck bud.

Comment

I'll be there too. We graduate next Thursday. We'll find out..... Remember though I think that 25 out of the 250 questions are "field questions" and don't count against your score. I think you only need 175 out of 225 to pass.
          "Just when you think you know all the answers, we change the questions."
          -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

I took my exam in Dec. and I can tell you I had a lot of first aid and firearms on there.
            Scenario questions I can only think of 2, which were about probable cause etc.
            Most of it, it's just common sense
            Deputy Sheriff
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by balurgo View Post
              I took my exam in Dec. and I can tell you I had a lot of first aid and firearms on there.
              Scenario questions I can only think of 2, which were about probable cause etc.
              Most of it, it's just common sense
              Our firearms was bad. on the written, out of 30 people, 7 failed. couple people it was their 2nd time.

I guess I should concentrate on legal, and the high liability stuff.

Originally posted by Department 30 View Post
              I'll be there too. We graduate next Thursday. We'll find out..... Remember though I think that 25 out of the 250 questions are "field questions" and don't count against your score. I think you only need 175 out of 225 to pass.
              We graduate next th too! April 21st?

Comment

Ill be there as well, good luck everyone!!

Comment

No, we graduate on the 14th. Broward Convention Center is gonna be packed!
                  -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

I passed, I passed!

Dept 30. how yo udo

Comment

I passed as well! The convention center sure was packed... lots of competition lol

Next step is to get sworn in somewhere

Comment

I passed too! There was a ton of Corrections though.

Comment

Everybody in our class passed. Now to find a job! Seeing all those people there kinda put things into perspective how much better you really have to be than the next guy in order to get a job with the applicant pool so deep now.
                          -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Congrats to all.
                            MDC BLE 270

Comment

Originally posted by Department 30 View Post
                              Everybody in our class passed. Now to find a job! Seeing all those people there kinda put things into perspective how much better you really have to be than the next guy in order to get a job with the applicant pool so deep now.
                              we had one fail... karma is a bitch?

it def did put things in perspective. (even though 1/3 to 1/2 was corrections) and imagine. that's 1 test group out of 3. (Tallahassee, Pensacola, and Ft Lauderdale) and that's every month. imagine the past and future. holy **** that's alot of competition.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4459 users online. 289 members and 4170 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X