Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FORD, DODGE, or CHEVY....that is the question?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORD, DODGE, or CHEVY....that is the question?

so since ford is no longer making the crown vic, what do you all think about the dodge charger, ford interceptor, or chevy impala. what is your departments going to? and what are the pro and cons to each?
    sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
    D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
    Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Our deparment has the crown vics now.and ford interceptors as partol cars, i hope our deparment will always pick AMERICA MADE CARS PERIOD! KEEPS OUR COUNTRY MOVING AND STILL Have PEOPLE MAKING A PAY CHECK! I LOVE MY AMERICA!

Comment

I think departments should start going to this! The Carbon Motors E7

Comment

you have my vote as long as it's American made! Sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by deputymel View Post
          you have my vote as long as it's American made! Sweet!
          Made in Indiana.

Comment

Oh my god, not another Carbon Motors post....

Those pics have been floating around the internet for YEARS now.

Lets not forget about the Caprice that's out now, or will be here shortly.

I'm not impressed with the Taurus. I dont see any agencies having the funds laying around to buy twin turbo models. I just dont see it.

I just got an '11 CVPI so that'll last me for another couple years. Hopefully, I'll be in a Caprice with the 6.2 in it.

Comment

Yeah, but that doesn't mean the're not nice looking purpose built cars. They should be hitting the streets early next year, and according to the manufacture website they already have over 16,000 orders. That's not a bad start considering that they are a private company that is solely going to produce this car. Not like Ford,Chevy,or Dodge which have made regular non-purpose built cars in which agencies just strap some emergency equipment on them. Beside most all of these cars will be out at around the same time in early 2012 with the exception of the charger which is already in service. However, a new Charger Pursuit model is coming out soon. I guess in about 8 to 10 months we will see who likes which, and we will be talking about which is the better vehicle.

Comment

The Carbon Motors E7 is what is called vaporware in the computer industry.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

They should be hitting the streets early next year, and according to the manufacture website they already have over 16,000 orders. That's not a bad start considering that they are a private company that is solely going to produce this car.
                  They've had that posted since 2008 or 2009 when the idea came out. It's old news. I don't see many agencies spending throusands on something that isn't proven, durable or better yet, in existence.

Not like Ford,Chevy,or Dodge which have made regular non-purpose built cars in which agencies just strap some emergency equipment on them.
                  All 3 manufacturers have been building purpose built cars for about 50 years now. Currently, there are a whole slew of differences between a police package and a granny package car.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, because it's definitiely not. You gotta remember though that agencies look at the big picture, not if it's purpose built. If they've got 100 cars to buy, lets say a CVPI or Impala at $22k a piece to replace older models, do the math. If these things are going for $25k a piece, that doesn't buy you 100 cars. Agencies like lowest bid.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Delta View Post
                    Made in Indiana.

Sorry, Charlie, but you have to change that to "Hope to be made in Indiana". Last I checked, they were dead in the water without a huge multimillion dollar federal grant given under some DOE program to increase fuel efficiency. About the orders, they have folks who have said they would by XX amount, if it ever gets built, but no legal contracts with anyone. Ah, here it is.

http://www.ibj.com/small-biz-matters...AMS/post/25880

Comment

Well then I guess only time will tell what happens with this model and the company.

Comment

Yep, pretty cool car, would love to see it built, but I'm afraid the economics of it just dont work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4251 users online. 234 members and 4017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X