300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fdle eot

Can someone really explain what acutally takes place at this training? When they say test out, several things come to mind. I'm looking to attend this training at Chipola College this summer.. Thanks

I sent you a pm

Comment

I did EOT at Chipola, there are no tests. The only pass/fail portion is the gun qual with the .40 cal. The rest of the sections are evaluations, not tests. It's easy. LONG days, sometimes 13 hours.

Comment

two followup questions about EOT: Is that the same standard at every school that does the EOT stuff? Second: During gun quals, I'm assuming they provide gun and ammo or do you have to bring your own?

Comment

Its pretty much the easiest training one can do. Defendive tactics, first aid <-- (painful), EVOC and weapons quals. I went through Chipola in 2007 and it was a breeze. They provided you with the ammo and firearms.

Its all the same standard through FDLE. Some schools do a 2 week course, 3 weeks, or a month long. People chose Chipola because it's cheap and only 5 days.

Comment

Sorry in advance if I sound stupid for a moment but do they do any review of the materials before they evaluate you or do you jump right into it...say like with defensive tactics you have a practice session before or evoc and they go over let's say the backup course or is more of ok show me an arm bar take down right now or back through those cones..
            "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

It's pretty much like any training you have ever done. They demonstrate and then you perform. At Chipola, when I went, they do not review for the State exam, but they provide you with study material.
              illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Cool..I kinda figured that's what it was but after doing a double shift followed by a quick turn around I was just a tad flaky last night lol...seems like chipola could be a good option for those of us that don't have alot of time to burn on an EOT course.
                "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

Hey Unit, Are there other Schools that offer a 5 day course? Man I didn't know you could get them that short...awesome!

Comment

Yeah chipola Tac

Comment

I did Chipola at the end of Apri 2011l....easy course, they don't do any review for the test, they had listed on the syllabus for a 4 hour study block on Monday and Tuesday, but it was a waste of time. They will give you two books and tell you to read them. I read them both, took the SOCE on May 25th and finished it in an 2 hours and 20 minutes....they give you four hours to complete the course. I'm not a brain, but they were pretty straight forward questions from the information inside the book. Alot of three line scenario type questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6451 users online. 348 members and 6103 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X