Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not forget pretty much the rest of the county. I mean I hate to scare away honest tax payers, but things need to change... a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
      I hope you mean East Boca... I've mentioned how I feel about West Boca, and their residents for that matter. You couldn't pay me to live there..
      Yes I was speaking of the City of Boca Raton, not out west in the county in West Boca.

Comment

I would look around Davie and Plantation, but Palm Beach Gardens is a pretty nice area as well.

Comment

Have a place in Palm Beach Gardens. Very nice. Glad I bought there. But also wouild look at Jupiter and the rest of northern Palm Beach County. Some nice areas over the border in Martin County. Remember with the turnpike and 95......90 miles is pretty much 90 minutes away. If you expect to travel to and from Florida, Palm Beach International Airport in West Palm Beach is a gem.

Comment

I don't really like Davie...I think that KKK is active, probably the last part of S.Florida they're really at, there's some shady "whiskey-tango" areas...It's not all bad, but I wouldn't go there...Pill mills help brings those folks down...
            sigpic

Comment

Hardball

Lets not forget pretty much the rest of the county. I mean I hate to scare away honest tax payers, but things need to change... a lot!
              You must take into account that Taylor13, with the negative comments, is only 16 years old. You might take his advice with a grain of salt!!

Taylor13...Do not be offended, it is just a fact of life!!

Grumpy
              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Completely irrelevant that I live there I guess.

Comment

Guys thank you for the feedback and the PMs...Based on your insights and thoughts, I believe we are veering away from Broward Co and toward Boca Raton.

The advice in here was awesome and better than I ever would have got from a real estate agent..

Thank you
                  10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

Completely irrelevant that I live there I guess.
                    Not entirely irrelevent, but at 16 there is simply no way you can have the same perspective as a married adult, who is working full time, paying for all bills, food, mortgage, car insurance, plus raising a family, etc. Like irishman said, no need to take it personal or get offended (or go right ahead, what do I care) but hardball is asking questions that quite frankly you cannot answer with the same insight that an adult will have, so irishman did well by calling attention to your age, so hardball takes that into account.
                    FHP:

1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
                    2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
                    3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
                    4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
                    5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
                    6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
                    7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
                    8) ACADEMY: PENDING

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall View Post
                      As my retirement approaches, I am doing what everyone else in NJ does- planning to move to Florida (< not exactly the 1st cop to do that..

My wife has settled on Broward Co. We are looking at houses and I'm seeing towns like Lauderdale Lakes, Tamarac, Margate etc. What I am asking is:

- are there any parts of Broward I should absolutely AVOID?

- what areas would you recommend to raise a 6 year old boy?

- what school (public or private) do you like?
                      - what is a good drinking bar (oops, that one is for me..

Anything pertinent information would be appreciated...
                      Thanx- and Go Gators (I guess)
                      Have you yourself actually been to Broward, or are you in the initial research phase? Reason I ask is because Broward has grown like crazy in the last 10-15 years. Used to be quieter, less crowded than down here in Dade County. But not anymore, it's now overdeveloped and crowded like most of SE Florida's large metro areas.

For retirement, I would consider even farther north, or perhaps on the west coast, look for areas that are still not over-developed and quiet...and peaceful.
                      FHP:

Comment

im from Chicago , i was just in Broward area a few days ago for a Princess Cruise, the area seemed nice, i mean a few homeless panhandlers i saw in FT Lauderale off the expressway, the first hotel i stayed in was in Plantation , the Quality INn me and my wife walked around in the area went to Publix , ate at a sushi place, plantation is very nice, Ft Lauderdale seemed nice, my experience with you folks was pleasant, i would like to apply for police jobs over there, but you require some sort of test at college before applying, but hasnt discouraged me i enjoyed the area and wouldnt mind relocating

Comment

I give my vote for Pembroke Pines.
                          Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
                          MDC-BLE274

Comment

Originally posted by 03glock View Post
                            I give my vote for Pembroke Pines.
                            +1..if Broward is the only choice the Pembroke Pines would be where I would go. They have some nice master-planned communities there, easy access to all the major highways, all the shops one would need, etc. Not bad.
                            FHP:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5390 users online. 326 members and 5064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X