300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the Hiring gonna Begin?????

Alright People...help me out here, I'm a 26 years old male who has been a police officer in GA for almost 5 years. I am from south Florida (born and Raised) and intend on moving back ( I miss the Family) ( ....It does not appear like anyone is hiring. There are a few departments I am familiar with such as: B.S.O, Miami Dade P.D, Hollywood P.D, North Miami Beach P.D and Pembroke pines P.D. I realistically would not be moving down for maybe about 1-2 years. I was just wandering if anyone has some insight on who and when will there be hiring for police positions and where should I go where they will pay me for my experience and offer a good retirement.

Please someone with some wisdom and experience please respond?????

P.S: how do I transfer my certification over to Florida??? Are there any departments that will work with me on doing that or do i have to do it on my own?
    Last edited by police2006; 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM.

From what I understand there is a lot of budget uncertainty going on right now so departments are waiting to see what happens with that. At least that's what a few of them have told me. As far as transferring your certification I think you have to take an equivalence of training course, I'm not sure how long our how expensive that is, but if you google Florida EOT course you might get some more information on that.

Comment

t4, thanx....................

Comment

your best bet is to look possibly into PBSO, or a smaller department down in south Florida, we down here are tightening our belts and do not honestly have money to hire anyone new for awhile. it is going to be tough for the next couple years but you said you will be 1 or 2 years down the road so all i can say is patience. it might take that long for something to open up down here. as far as the transfer of certification, depending on what departments you are looking into they might or might not help you with that if it is even possible i would set me sights on a few departments and make a few phones calls. good luck! sorry i could not be much help.
        sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
        D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
        Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Thank you, you were helpful in confirming what I assumed..I guess I'll just have to wait it out. Things will get better......one day.

Comment

Keep in mind that there are 67 counties here and umpteen cities and many of wich are actively hiring. Maybe broaden your horizons a bit and look elsewhere besides two counties.

Comment

Have someone go through the news paper ads every day, I'm pretty positive that's how I found my job. Also, another thing I did for job hunting was going on Google maps and looking up every single city HR and police website I could find. But like U453 said a few places are hiring. Places also hire as needed so if they aren't hiring still try to get an application and resume into them. I'm sure you'll find something, best of luck.

Comment

usacops.com also lists majority of the departments that UNIT mentioned. The website and url may be out of date but you can google the city once you know the name. I save every department to my favorites list and spend about 10 minutes a day scimming through all the HR links.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4133 users online. 206 members and 3927 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X