300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Senate Bill 234??

What is your take on this bill coming up through the senate? I'm interested in seeing what the law enforcement community has to say about it. Most people I have talked to either have very positive or very negative feelings. It seems as though this is a hot bed topic that divides pro-gun and anti-gun view points right down the middle. I personally like the idea of being able to carry openly. I am also upset that they changed the bill to exclude the ability to carry on university and college campuses. I just graduated with my BA and am going back for a second...I worked for campus housing and I can't even count how many times something happened where proper use of a concealed/open carry weapon could have prevented it...I guess I am pro-gun and am not a big believer in restricting my 2nd amendment rights, but I am interested in your take on the matter
    Been waiting for open carry since I was 21...
    25.00%
    Hate it...concealed all the way!
    62.50%
    To hell with all guns...they kill people.
    0.00%
    Like the bill, but it needs to be less restrictive...
    0.00%
    The bill is o.k., but needs more controls.
    12.50%
    FL DJJ Officer - FL LEO Hopeful

Putting in my time...T minus 2 years 2/2011

Open carry is retarded... Every advocate of it that I have ever met was nothing more than an attention whore or a dumbass. There is absolutely nothing wrong concealed carry and I support it entirely. If you want to be Billy the Kid or Wyatt Erp, you're too late. Put it in a holster and cover it with your shirt... people aren't too pleased with seeing someone, who's not in uniform, carrying an exposed weapon.
    I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyDiver View Post
      people aren't too pleased with seeing someone, who's not in uniform, carrying an exposed weapon.
      I agree with this, I can guarantee you will see a lot of people open packing like billy badass or something. I dont see what the problem is with keeping it concealed.

Comment

Its one thing to run around with an AR15 on your back and a pistol in a tactical holster on your thigh, but I mean I don't really see a problem with a person carrying a pistol in a paddle holster or just flat out not worrying about having to overly conceal a weapon in their normal attire. Its a pain to only be able to wear your concealed weapon when weather permits or if you wear a certain pair of pants or shirt. It may sound like a lame excuse, but it gets hot as HELL in Fl and not having to strap a IWB holster into a pair of jeans sounds like a nice deal in August.

I also think that allowing responsible citizens to open carry can have a positive effect on the crime rate in general. I mean lets face it...if a guy is going into a gas station or store with the intent to commit a crime, if they are armed or not, if they see even one citizen with an open carry weapon, they will at the very least think twice about it. I know it will be hard to trust that guy next to you that you don't know and has a gun on his hip, but I still wouldn't have a problem with him enjoying his rights while I am doing the same.
        FL DJJ Officer - FL LEO Hopeful

Putting in my time...T minus 2 years 2/2011

Comment

I don't mind it, but what's the point?

I guess it can be nice to have a OWB once in a while, and not have to worry about the shirt riding...

but I'd be against carrying an AR15 on your back, or even some tactical ninja carry.

but that's my opinion. perhaps a discreet hip holster might be alright.

Comment

Jumping in this a bit late, but my thoughts are if more people begin to OC, then you will see more and more businesses and other places post signs prohibiting guns concealed and OC'd. Then wait and see who starts to holler most. It will be the ones who pushed for OC to begin with.

I am under the impression the bill was started to eliminate the printing/brandishing aspect on accidental weapon exposures say if the wind blew your shirt open and your gun was exposed. That's fine to do away with that, but to let anyone walk around showing what they have, I think that's a bad idea. Let's face it, similar to what ArmyDiver said, the people that I have run across who advocate OC are zealots who only want to show off and be the "big" kid on the block. I have never met an OC advocate I would want as a personal friend.

Talking to OC'rs, there is always three responses; 1: it's my right to carry a gun, 2: I can stop a crime from happening because the bad guy will see my gun and leave, and 3: It's too hot and besides I can get my gun out faster when I need it.

Umm, don't we all carry guns that people can see? And yet, gee whiz, crime still happens all over the place.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3501 users online. 185 members and 3316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X