Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheriff's Offices That Hire Non-Certified Detention Deputies?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff's Offices That Hire Non-Certified Detention Deputies?

I may be moving to the Palm Beach County area in the next year or so and am curious if the PBSO or any of the surrounding counties ever hire non-certified detention deputies. I was told it is less competitive for the detention deputy positions as opposed to the law enforcement deputy positions, but I figure in this economy it is probably just as competitive. I know currently on the PBSO web site it says they are hiring certified detention deputies. Also, if I was able to find an agency that hires non-certified deputies, are they usually open to processing and hiring applicants from out of state? In New York State, preference is usually given to county residents over non-county residents. I would prefer to obtain a job before I move, so it would help if they were willing to process out of state applicants. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Good luck with that one. You have a snowballs chance in you know where. Hate to be a downer...but county corrections in southern Florida along the east coast...you best be certified before applying. Now you can go state and let them pay for you. Get the experience then apply. That's what a lot of people do who wanna get to the county. But the way the economy is right now....things aren't looking to good. SN: you can even work in a private prison and the same certification will follow (long as your in Florida)

Comment

Originally posted by Lawman23 View Post
      Good luck with that one. You have a snowballs chance in you know where. Hate to be a downer...but county corrections in southern Florida along the east coast...you best be certified before applying. Now you can go state and let them pay for you. Get the experience then apply. That's what a lot of people do who wanna get to the county. But the way the economy is right now....things aren't looking to good. SN: you can even work in a private prison and the same certification will follow (long as your in Florida)
      Thanks for the response. Would I have a better chance applying on the west coast? Also, is state corrections hiring at all? I want to ultimately end up in the Palm Beach County area, but I have no problem starting elsewhere in order to get my foot in the door. If I sponsored myself through the corrections academy, would I have a good chance of getting hired somewhere, or are they looking for the cert plus experience? Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

Brevard County is currently sponsoring about 15 corrections cadets at my academy. The state was as well but they all just got their "you no longer have a job waiting" notifications.

Not sure when the next time the county will be putting people through but, anything is possible. It's farther north than you were looking but, it's a spot that is sponsoring. Your best bet is to sponsor yourself though... if you can afford it.
        I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
        - Mark Twain

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4600 users online. 284 members and 4316 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X