Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• States that accept FL's certification?

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere? Or do I need to research each state's website?
    "Just when you think you know all the answers, we change the questions."
    -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

It's sad to say but you have to research it states requirements. I do know that Florida is accepted in many states, and Florida also in reciprocal agreement takes other states certifications allows officers to sit for state certification exam. But you'll need to research it with whatever state you going to. Sounds like idea for a website to me!
    Police Academy Commander
    Lead Firearms Instructor
    35+ years as a cop
    Becoming a Police Officer
    So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

Just remember most states, if not all, require at least one year experience to exempt you from their full academy.

Comment

Thanks for the input ShadowWarrior and Gringe. A website does sound like good idea!
        -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

I heard in my academy tonight that Florida certification is accepted in 36 states. You have to pass the particular state's test of course but the certification is honored.

Comment

Did they happen to name any of the 36 states?
            NYPD

Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
            Medical: TBD
            Psych Exam: TBD
            Oral Psych: TBD
            Meet BI: TBD
            JST: TBD
            Mini-Medical: TBD

Comment

He named a few as examples like NH but I don't remember the rest. Although I know he said Oregon did not. Sorry I couldn't help with more.

Comment

Michigan will accept the certification if 2 years or less have passed since your last LEO employment. You need to take their written exam, First Aid, and a firearms qualification. Last I heard it was about $400 for that or you can take a week long review class that includes, Mi criminal laws, motor veh. laws, first aid, and the firearms for around $600.

Comment

http://www.iadlest.org/POSTPortal.aspx
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Fed 5-0, you da man! Good link.
                    -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3120 users online. 172 members and 2948 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X