Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of Wilton Manors Hiring Certified

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • City of Wilton Manors Hiring Certified

    http://www.wiltonmanors.govoffice2.com/index.asp?Type=B_JOB&SEC={9EB81EE1-9015-4334-B521-E3B9E14B11AB}

    Certified Police Officer

    Full-time with benefits

    Starting salary: $46,223

    Closing date: Thursday, April 28, 2011, at 5:00 PM

    The police officer employment application packet consists of the following:

    Employment application, pgs. 1-4

    Employment application, pg. 5

    FDLE Background Investigation Waiver

    Pre-Job Offer Questionnaire

    ALL applicants must also submit a 7-year driving history, two passport-size photos, and valid results for the CJBAT/TABE, physical agility, and swim tests.

    Applications should be submitted to:

    Mr. Dio Sanchez, HR Manager
    City of Wilton Manors
    2020 Wilton Drive
    Wilton Manors, Florida 33305

    You may also fax your completed, signed, and notarized (where applicable) application packet to 954-390-2118. For more information, please contact the HR Department at 954-390-2126.

    MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

    EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE


    High School Diploma or GED, and Florida State Law Enforcement Certification, Florida Certificate
    of Police Standards; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Must
    possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver's License.
    Must meet all requirements as prescribed in the current Police Policy and Procedures Manual.
    Last edited by Charlie Delta; 03-21-2011, 07:36 PM.

  • #2
    Omg that's a load of crap. I went through the hiring process 2 months ago, took a stupid test, went to an oral board, PASSED my oral board, and then I was rejected because they found someone else (whom ended up being the mayors son). Now instead of the department going through the 2 month old pile of applicants they post a NEW hiring announcement? That city is corrupt, forget Wilton Manors...Peh.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sprinkles View Post
      Omg that's a load of crap. I went through the hiring process 2 months ago, took a stupid test, went to an oral board, PASSED my oral board, and then I was rejected because they found someone else (whom ended up being the mayors son). Now instead of the department going through the 2 month old pile of applicants they post a NEW hiring announcement? That city is corrupt, forget Wilton Manors...Peh.
      That's messed up...and yeah Wilton Manors has seen tons of trouble in the last year or so. But as far as the hiring of the Mayor's son, if this is something that can be substantiated you should try to find an attorney to see if there's any legal recourse. I'm sure there are plenty of attorneys that would be willing to take a contingency-based case against a city for employment discrimination. Nothing gets a p.o.s. politician's/ bureaucrat's attention better than a nice lawsuit. Keep us posted.
      Last edited by PS100; 03-21-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: typo
      FHP:

      1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
      2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
      3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
      4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
      5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
      6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
      7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
      8) ACADEMY: PENDING

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by sprinkles View Post
        Omg that's a load of crap. I went through the hiring process 2 months ago, took a stupid test, went to an oral board, PASSED my oral board, and then I was rejected because they found someone else (whom ended up being the mayors son). Now instead of the department going through the 2 month old pile of applicants they post a NEW hiring announcement? That city is corrupt, forget Wilton Manors...Peh.
        Thats not exactly true. I know someone that got hired in that last job announcement. He is defiantly not the mayors son.

        Comment


        • #5
          sorry hit "reply" instead of "edit", disregard
          FHP:

          1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
          2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
          3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
          4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
          5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
          6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
          7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
          8) ACADEMY: PENDING

          Comment


          • #6
            Really? They're "corrupt" because they didn't hire you? Calling a department "corrupt", especially when unfounded, isn't exactly what other departments are looking for in a candidate. The test was "stupid"? Your level of maturity seems to be somewhat lacking. Maybe Dr. Stillman had some well founded reasons for not passing you?

            FYI - The mayor's son was not hired and has never worked for WMPD.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PS100 View Post
              That's messed up...and yeah Wilton Manors has seen tons of trouble in the last year or so. But as far as the hiring of the Mayor's son, if this is something that can be substantiated you should try to find an attorney to see if there's any legal recourse. I'm sure there are plenty of attorneys that would be willing to take a contingency-based case against a city for employment discrimination. Nothing gets a p.o.s. politician's/ bureaucrat's attention better than a nice lawsuit. Keep us posted.
              find a attorney for what? good luck finding a career in LE when you tried opening a case against them
              Originally posted by Deputy1234 View Post
              Really? They're "corrupt" because they didn't hire you? Calling a department "corrupt", especially when unfounded, isn't exactly what other departments are looking for in a candidate. The test was "stupid"? Your level of maturity seems to be somewhat lacking. Maybe Dr. Stillman had some well founded reasons for not passing you?

              FYI - The mayor's son was not hired and has never worked for WMPD.
              took the words right out of my mouth

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by O. Ledesma View Post
                find a attorney for what? good luck finding a career in LE when you tried opening a case against them
                Granted, bringing a case against an employer for discrimination surrounding nepotism is a tough one, but like I said that's something an attorney would have to research based on its merits. Sometimes a particular act may noy be strictly illegal, but peripheral ones surrounding implementation and procedure are, so that's why professional legal advice is needed in a case like this. I'm not an attorney so I don't have the answer to that, and unless you are one you can't say it can't be done, anymore that I can say it can, with any degree of certainty.

                As far as not filing a case against Wilton Manors for fear of retaliation by the LE community, employment-wise, are you kidding me? Are you saying that if you were discriminated against (by them or anyone else, in a general hypothetical sense) you would not defend yourself and do whatever had to be done, because of fear that you would not get an LEO in the future?

                If so, that's your prerogative of course, but you can bet your a55 that if I felt discriminated in an employment process I would not hesitate to take whatever legal action needed. It's called doing the right thing.

                P.S. And for clarification I am discussing discrimination in general, and the issue of legal recourse and its consequences (real or imaginary), not arguing whether Wilton Manors did or did not commit discrimination.
                Last edited by PS100; 03-23-2011, 10:44 AM.
                FHP:

                1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
                2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
                3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
                4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
                5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
                6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
                7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
                8) ACADEMY: PENDING

                Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 4623 users online. 283 members and 4340 guests.

                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X