300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Police Department

I thought that I would ask about OPD and how is the department now days. I am interested in applying but I was told that they might be cutting or something. I know that it is very competitive and I will be a competitive applicant. I just wanted to hear about the department from someone else or who is even going through the process. How is morale of the department. Thanks for your help.

Good luck, I paid $25.00 to apply online and I don't even think they looked at my application. I applied a month and a half ago and it is still "Pending Interviewer Acknowledgment".

Comment

It took them six months to send me a letter to take the civil service exam...
      MDC BLE 270

Comment

From what I heard they were only hiring Laterals at this time. Maybe that's the reason for the hold up?
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

They take WAY to long to process. I was just hired with another agency and in the next two weeks will be sworn in so I need to contact them and withdraw my app. I'm sure they lose a lot of good people due to their process taking as long as it does.

Good luck with them!

Comment

Anyone out there currently in the process with this agency? I spoke with a recruiter several weeks ago. He stated they were hiring this summer, maybe July or August. However they're just now processing applications from last summer.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I was thinking about throwing my name into the hat. Does any know how morale is there? If people enjoy working with this organization.

Comment

From the orlando police department

I came across your posts and wanted to clear up some of your questions and concerns.

The Orlando Police Department is hiring and we will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

We are hiring certified officers, non-certified, and anyone who is qualified. We are still one of the few agencies who will hire you and pay for you to go to the academy if you are not certified. We do not except lateral transfers and every new officer starts as a new officer. If you come with experience from another police department, you may qualify to be fast tracked trough the FTO program, but that will be determined on an individual basis.

Like most, if not all Police departments we have been hit by the budget crisis. For a while, we were forced to slow our recruiting and hiring down. We are now in full speed mode, but it will take us some time to process those that are qualified.

Yes, we do take longer than many other agencies to process you. We have done everything we can to streamline the process, but we want to make sure we only get top notch candidates. Have faith and patience and we will get to you as soon as we can.

The reason for the $25.00 application fee is to make sure you are serious about this job and this agency. With the number of people who are out of work we have had a lot….a lot…of people applying who have no intention of becoming a Law Enforcement Officer or who have no business being an LEO… We typically receive over 10,000 applications a year.

Again, I want to make sure we get quality people to patrol and protect my family.

Please feel free to send me your questions and concerns and I will try to answer them as soon as I can…Please understand my schedule gets busy and I may not be able to get you an answer right away. All I can promise is that I will try.

I hope to have answered the questions for now…

Sincerely,

Eugenio Bernal
                Deputy Chief of Police
                Administrative Bureau Commander

[email protected]

Comment

I just received an email today with my time and date to take the civil service and cjbat tests. I applied about October or November of last year.

Comment

Just received my notice for the written exam as well,May 13. I applied last June.

Comment

$250,000 just from applications, another revenue producer.

Comment

I've been trolling the Florida forum because I'm an LEO and my family is relocating to either the Orange Co area or Ft Myers; not sure yet. I just wanted to say that I think it's cool the Deputy Chief took time to post here. I've been in law enforcement for a while and it's not often, at least in the area I work, to see any member of Command Staff take time to communicate to us 'lowly folk;' especially in an open forum like this one. I don't know much about OPD, but I appreciate a response from someone with rank.

Comment

I just wanted to say that I think it's cool the Deputy Chief took time to post here. I've been in law enforcement for a while and it's not often, at least in the area I work, to see any member of Command Staff take time to communicate to us 'lowly folk;' especially in an open forum like this one. I don't know much about OPD, but I appreciate a response from someone with rank.
                          +1000000000000

I Have to say I noticed that myself and found that very impressive to say the least. Expectations were set up front and that's all you can ask for...
                          MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
                            +1000000000000

I Have to say I noticed that myself and found that very impressive to say the least. Expectations were set up front and that's all you can ask for...
                            Thank you for the kudos; I have not forgotten where I come from. My patch said Orlando Police before my badge said “Deputy Chief” I just want the best officers we can get for our agency. The Orlando Police Department has been very good to me and I want to make sure I leave it better than I found it (which was very good).

Sincerely,

EUGENIO BERNAL
                            Deputy Chief of Police
                            Orlando Police Department

Comment

Well for someone who is trying to get in. I greatly appreciate the advise. Hopefully I can see you soon. Thank you sir.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4847 users online. 289 members and 4558 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X