300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pbsc ble 157

Anyone applying for the self-sponsored class in May?

Yeah I'm in the process now. I just passed my poly yesterday and I already did my medical. Now all I really have to do is the psyche the other stuff like the ride alongs and fingerprints are pretty quick and easy. I'm getting pretty excited about it though it has been a long time coming and it's finally happening. Could you give any advice??

Comment

I'm in 152. We graduate April 14th. Lots of threads with advice just search. Remember that everything is just a game, and all the test material comes straight out of the book.
      "Just when you think you know all the answers, we change the questions."
      -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Sounds good, yeah I will look around thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mscollo23
          Agree with above. Make sure u train if you're already not in good shape, it's all about endurance not strength while in academy.
          Yeah I'm training now trying to shed some pounds before I get there. Thanks for the advice. What is a typical PT session like in the academy?

Comment

Hey Delta did you already get accepted? and if so how long was the process. I'm wondering if I have enough time to sign up for the next class

Comment

Originally posted by kangar123 View Post
              Hey Delta did you already get accepted? and if so how long was the process. I'm wondering if I have enough time to sign up for the next class
              No, I did not get accepted yet I'm still in the process(waiting to take the psyche). I started in late February and I am still going, so I would say around 6 weeks give or take. You might have time to get in. You need to take the CJBAT and pass their PAT. The next PAT is this thursday so sign up soon, or might miss the opportunity to catch this class. If you pass the PAT, they will give you a background packet to fill out and bring back. Once you bring that back then you will have to do the poly, psyche, medical, fingerprints, and 2 ride-alongs with any agency in PBC(order does not matter). They are self scheduled except for the psyche they will set up a time for you. Also I hope you got lots of cash handy because all of the things you need to do will cost you about $380. Good luck and I hope I see you there.

Comment

I have been running, but it sounds like I have to incorporate more running for longer periods of time into my routine. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Hey mscollo whats the academy like? para-military style?

Comment

The day class has a set PT schedule that you'll get. It does include a lot of running, pylometrics (sp?), circuits, etc. The day class does a lot more PT than the night class does. You'll still run though.
                    "Just when you think you know all the answers, we change the questions."
                    -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Sounds good I'll just need to intensify my workouts a bit more, so that I will be ready for it. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hey Charlie Delta,
                        did you got any feedback since the psychological exam?

Comment

Whatever you do, take example of 154, and not 155!! haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by eyildiz View Post
                            Whatever you do, take example of 154, and not 155!! haha!!
                            what's the inside joke there?

Comment

Originally posted by patrick_leo View Post
                              Hey Charlie Delta,
                              did you got any feedback since the psychological exam?
                              No not yet, I'm supposed to find out the results of the psyche early next week. My package will then go to the director for approval, and hopefully by the middle or end of next week I will find out if I got a seat. I will keep everyone posted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4928 users online. 303 members and 4625 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X