300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state academy; FL certification

If I were to self-sponsor myself through an academy in another state and get certified, how does it work to transfer that certification to Florida? Would I need full time experience as a sworn LEO before I could apply for FL certification, or could I immediately take a test and get certification in Florida without experience?
    Last edited by GangGreen712; 03-18-2011, 09:58 PM.
    "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
    -Chris Rock

Originally posted by GangGreen712 View Post
    If I were to self-sponsor myself through an academy in another state and get certified, how does it work to transfer that certification to Florida? Would I need full time experience as a sworn LEO before I could apply for FL certification, or could I immediately take a test and get certification in Florida without experience?
    You would not be eligible. Do a search as it has been post 1000 times before hand. FDLE standards..
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

You need at least one year of full time LE experience.

Comment

Fair enough
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

Not only do you need one complete year of full time law enforcement service to qualify for a EOT or equivalency of training, but you also have to show that the Academy that you're attending meets the Florida standards. You would have to provide training records from your academies showing that your training was equivalent to the state of Florida training and get that approved before you could sit for the state of Florida certification exam. In addition you would have to qualify the recruit qualification for firearms, driving, defensive tactics, and first aid before of being allowed to take the state certification exam. In Florida does not accept all states certifications.
          Police Academy Commander
          Lead Firearms Instructor
          35+ years as a cop
          Becoming a Police Officer
          So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6541 users online. 364 members and 6177 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X