300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cop from NJ coming to vaca in Tampa

Was wondering how u guys on the job in FL treat cops from other states or your own for that matter. Up here professional courtesy goes a loongg way but i heard some of you guys down there write each other/lock each other up. That just doesnt happen up here unless it is totally unavoidable or absolutely necessary. Also if you can point me in the right direction for good bars, strip clubs etc. stayin by Steinbrenner Field for Yanks spring training. Thanks stay safe.

Looking for a free pass my man? Booze it up, hit a few strip clubs pis- on a fellow brother/sisters back yard and have a get out of jail free card "unless unavoidable"

I'm not saying that's what you're looking for, I'm saying your 2nd post is coming off like that.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Pretty much as I would give a guy from FL a free pass. There are plenty of scumbags out there u dont need to do another cop... Obviously youre not a cop so get off the site i wasnt asking you.

Comment

Pretty much as I would give a guy from FL a free pass. There are plenty of scumbags out there u dont need need to do another cop... Obviously youre not a cop so get off the site....
        I highly doubt you are, and if so I'm disappointed to see that's your mentality. Have a great 2 minute career With your above the law attitude.

PS

Great looking out for a fellow Officer by asking them to jeopardize their lively hood so you can booze it up and pis- all over their back yard.

Good luck on this website.
        Last edited by jcioccke; 03-10-2011, 05:02 AM.
        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Wow. Sounds like the guy from NJ was just asking how professional courtesy flows in florida. I understand where hes coming from as Wisconsin States police are unfamiliar with this concept. Furthermore i also wouldnt lock up another cop unless he really put himself in a bad spot and there was nothing i couild do. Been doing this almost ten years and i cant stand other cops who take the moral high ground and play holyer than thou. Ive never put myslef in a situation off duty where a fellow cop has had to risk his career to help me but i have been pulled over for traffic and up untill this point have been lucky. Free pass...ive given good people free passes many times. this job isnt black and white and neither is life.

Comment

I moved here 7 years ago and was stopped once for 52/35 (let go w/warning after ID as Retired LEO). In the three dept's I have worked, a retired or active LEO would get some professional courtesy depending on the incident and his attitude/demeanor. Sometimes the courtesy would extend to known family members but not very often. I have never known anyone to have written another retired or active cop although I have heard through the grapevine that it does happen.

I think the OP came off a bit strong and his inquiry should have been phrased a bit different, or better yet, not at all.

If you are still around, everything you're asking about is on Dale Mabry. Restaurants, bars, strip clubs, baseball. Just keep an eye on your back and your wallet.

Comment

I most certainly can not speak for the entire State of Florida, however, I was pulled over for going 15-20 over on one of the causeways. I, as matter of courtesy, identified myself as a police officer and informed the deputy that I was armed. The deputy, took my license and walked back to his car. He came back a minute later holding my license and a piece of paper. The piece of paper was actually a recruiting card containing an actual patch on the inside. The deputy stated that his sheriff asks that his deputies give this recruiting card out to any out of state police officer they stop. Again, I can't say for certain that all agencies in Florida give professional courtesy, but that S.O. took it to a whole new level of awesomeness.

Comment

Originally posted by rm6088 View Post
                I most certainly can not speak for the entire State of Florida, however, I was pulled over for going 15-20 over on one of the causeways. I, as matter of courtesy, identified myself as a police officer and informed the deputy that I was armed. The deputy, took my license and walked back to his car. He came back a minute later holding my license and a piece of paper. The piece of paper was actually a recruiting card containing an actual patch on the inside. The deputy stated that his sheriff asks that his deputies give this recruiting card out to any out of state police officer they stop. Again, I can't say for certain that all agencies in Florida give professional courtesy, but that S.O. took it to a whole new level of awesomeness.
                That's pretty cool. I had that happen a few years back in Vegas. I had a rental car with an expired plate and the officer who stopped me chatted for over a 1/2 hour telling me about recruiting opportunities and of course some war stories.

Comment

Most agencies are pretty good about minor traffic violations. DUI probably will get you locked up.
                  I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Professional courtesy goes a long way here--as long as you're professional. I almost locked up an NYPD cop who refused to leave a Subway restaurant after cussing out the worker and throwing a drink all over the wall over a dispute on the amount of meat that was supposed to be on the sandwich. He started arguing with me saying that I had no clue how to do my job, as only the owner of the store had the right to kick someone out. If it wasn't for his wife asking him to leave he probably would have ended up going to jail. That's the closest I've ever come to taking any kind of enforcement action on another cop, but that's also the only time that an off duty cop has ever been anything other than PROFESSIONAL. Don't expect professional courtesy if you aren't professional. Also don't expect much help if there's a victim involved. Get wasted and smack around a stripper in a private room? Not much we can do for that. DUI traffic crash involving injury? Again, don't expect a lot of help there. Nobody is going to risk their job to cover up your bad decisions, and down here we'd get fired in a heartbeat if it came out that we didn't make an arrest based on someone being a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by crushem View Post
                      Pretty much as I would give a guy from FL a free pass. There are plenty of scumbags out there u dont need to do another cop... Obviously youre not a cop so get off the site i wasnt asking you.
                      You sound like you have no respect for yourself or others in this profession. We are held to a higher standard. What exactly are you trying to get into? Take a cab if you are drunk, don't solicit prostitutes and you won't have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by crushem View Post
                        Oh Ty I needed a good laugh.
                        Last edited by soonerman; 04-25-2011, 02:56 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4456 users online. 269 members and 4187 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X