Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KC Cop Moving to FL. OCSO or Orlando PD?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Cop Moving to FL. OCSO or Orlando PD?

Need some advice. I've been a cop in the Kansas City Metro area for 5 years and am currently assigned to our tactical unit. I'm fairly aggressive and enjoy actually 'earning' a paycheck. The wife is taking a job in the Orlando area and I've agreed to give up all seniority and start all over (ugh). So my question, from those in the Orlando area: OCSO or Orlando PD? Pros/Cons? Opinions?

I rode with OCSO last November and it was a fairly busy night. Enjoyed it. I'm assuming there are lots of similarities with both Departments but I need some help from those of you in the know.

Thanks in advance.

You cant go wrong with either or. And no matter which you choose, you're gonna hump calls non stop with both. I know a few people with OPD and they love it. I also have known people from OCSO and they've enjoyed it too. Some also hated it. Lots of opportunity though either way. Orange County has somewhere around 2000 sworn, or something like that. It's a busy department, for sure.

Seminole County is also pretty top notch from what I understand as well but not as busy. Osceola County to the south is pretty decent as well but thats more of a good ol' boy system.

Comment

Originally posted by Unit453 View Post
      You cant go wrong with either or. And no matter which you choose, you're gonna hump calls non stop with both. I know a few people with OPD and they love it. I also have known people from OCSO and they've enjoyed it too. Some also hated it. Lots of opportunity though either way. Orange County has somewhere around 2000 sworn, or something like that. It's a busy department, for sure.

Seminole County is also pretty top notch from what I understand as well but not as busy. Osceola County to the south is pretty decent as well but thats more of a good ol' boy system.

...............And Manatee isn't lol
      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Thanks friends. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Comment

PMed you TacSloth
          I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
          "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
          "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3880 users online. 257 members and 3623 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X