300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flpd

I spoke to someone in HR and Fort Lauderdale should start hiring again around June/July time frame.

That's good news! I'll jump off a snow cliff if I have to spend one more winter up here!

Comment

What's this mean they are looking for 1 or 2 or are they going back to their old ways of hiring all the time?

Comment

Originally posted by off_kimball View Post
        What's this mean they are looking for 1 or 2 or are they going back to their old ways of hiring all the time?
        Well when I spoke with a recruiter back in July of last year he told me that they were closing down hiring to revamp their hiring process. He also said that it had to stay closed for at least 6 months for ethical reasons. My guess would be that they will be actively hiring as they did before. Also more than likely they will be hiring non-certs as wel,l seeing as they were one of the few depts to do so.

Comment

What does, 'closed for ethical reasons' mean? What happened for them to shut down for 6 months for ethical reasons mean?

Comment

Well as the recruiter explained when they shut down their process they have a time period of when they can open it back up and that is 6 months. He said that they cannot close it one day then open it the next that it would not be fair to people applying that is what they mean by ethical. Not sure why it has to stay closed for 6 months but that is what he said. I guess they just have a standard procedure for when they close their hiring process down and when they can open it again. Something else that concerns me is that 6 months has passed since they closed back in August. Wondering of something else is going on?

Comment

Why not go for BSO if you are trying to get in FLPD at least it shows your a LEO?

Comment

BSO is only hiring reserve and you have to be certified.

Comment

Their are other PD in the area like Plantation Police Dep. I like FLPD my parents both worked their my mother started the union their so I have heard all the stories that came out of their.

Comment

Originally posted by NLEIG View Post
                    Their are other PD in the area like Plantation Police Dep. I like FLPD my parents both worked their my mother started the union their so I have heard all the stories that came out of their.
                    You need to learn the difference from "their" and "there"
                    Deputy Sheriff
                    sigpic

Comment

Dude people have been telling me that for years this is what I have to say to that (their, there, where, were) is that the English language is never proper no matter what you put in place for a word. Their are 25 different types of the English language and 1.8 billion people speak it I understand we are in America so I should speak the USA English but before people start a argument on typing how to speak lets think about this? We are on a forum we don't have to be proper if we did I would like to know when do I get my report card from my teacher.

Comment

NLEIG, periods help too. It helps others know when your sentence is finished. Your posts are painful to the eyes my friend.

Not busting your balls in any way but if you write reports like that, you're gonna get the ban hammer within your first week of field training.

Comment

Actually, I was going to point out that several police departments require you to write a 'sample report' to prove that you have the ability to write grammatically correct sentences. It has become part of the hiring process. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by sprinkles View Post
                            Actually, I was going to point out that several police departments require you to write a 'sample report' to prove that you have the ability to write grammatically correct sentences. It has become part of the hiring process. Just saying.
                            Well, the answer to that is "Sorry but I was writing in one of the 25 different types of English languages out there. Which one do you speak/write?"
                            Deputy Sheriff
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm an officer with Charleston PD in SC. I went and did a ride with Broward and had a great time. The dep I rode with gave me the heads up about the announcement; but I don't know much about FLPD. Does anyone have any insight as to the atmosphere of the department? I come from a very politically "non-law-enforcement-friendly" PD where you can hardly put hands on someone without getting in trouble. If FLPD is like that, then I'd hate to make the move down there just to end up in a similar situation. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6286 users online. 366 members and 5920 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X