300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acadmines that do PT/DT in a block?

I'm not sure how true this is or not, but I've heard that there are some academies in FL that do the PT/DT in a two week block instead of during the whole program. Does anyone know who does this? Thanks

I'm not sure about PT, but many academies do the high liabilities such as DT, Firearms, Vehicle Ops, and CPR in just two weeks.

Comment

We have PT throughout the entire academy, not only during two weeks. Anywhere from 2-3 hours a day.

We completed out DT in a little over 2 weeks. We would start with an hour of PT, then do DT, then go to lunch, then do an hour of PT, then more DT... Up and running for 10 hours a day plus you had to learn the book stuff when you went home. It was mentally and physically draining. Tolerable and, now that it's over, almost fun... but it took a toll on almost everyone. We lost a couple people to injuries as well from going that hard for that long.

We still do PT. We have 2 hours a day this week and three hours for one day. I think the requirement is 60 hours of PT. We're doing more than that.
      I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

PT after lunch

Comment

I recently graduated from the Ft Myers Academy. I had PT 4 mornings a week for the duration of the academy.. well except during the firearms block and the traffic stops block. This was because both blocks were from 1-10 pm. The one day a week we did not have PT, we had Drill & Ceremony instead. We had DT one day a week for 12 weeks.

Comment

I don't know of any academies in the state of Florida that do the 40 hours of mandatory PT training all at one time. That kind of goes against what the entire block was designed for in the first place. Almost every Academy that I deal with, which is all of them, spread the PT blocks throughout the entire Academy.
            Police Academy Commander
            Lead Firearms Instructor
            35+ years as a cop
            Becoming a Police Officer
            So you think you can do this job?

I accept all private messages requesting help or advice, why else bother to be here?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6629 users online. 358 members and 6271 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X