No announcement yet.

Visiting Florida from Texas

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Florida from Texas

My wife and I are in Jacksonville for her master's degree and she has never seen blue/green ocean water (where you can go neck deep and look down and still see your feet). Where is the nearest place we can do that? I remember as a little kid my parents brought me to Ft. Lauderdale and it was like that, but when my wife and I went to Jax Beach it was not like that. Just curious where the nearest place was?! I thank you all in advance!
    "To hell with a supervisor, men follow a leader" -Texas Ranger Captain Allee

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death."
    -Sun Tzu

The pool at the hotel. Oh real ocean water? On the way back to Texas stop in the panhandle at one of the Gulf beaches.

Take a day or two trip to Panama City Beach or Destin, White sand beaches and emerald green water. This weekend on Okaloosa Island, just West of Destin there is a FREE rock the Beach Concert, Lynard Skynard will be performing. Also there is a weekend long boat poker run, always fun. Anyway only about a five hour drive from Jax!!!Lots of good food and most of the young touristas are gone for the year. Any questions feel free to PM me.

The gulf is 10 times more clear than the Atlantic...

I agree with Unit. The gulf is going to be more clear. But it sounds like the type of water you are looking for is in Hawaii or Tahiti.

You might want to ask this sort of question on city-data.

If you're heading to the south Florida area, Ft. Lauderdale is a nice area to visit. As someone else mentioned, if you're going to be near the panhandle, take the time and drive to the Destin area. It's truly incredible over there. JAX does not have nice water at all.

What's Going On

There are currently 6997 users online. 303 members and 6694 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad