Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

State of Florida Officer Certification Exam Information..

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Florida Officer Certification Exam Information..

OK the other thread on the state exam is a little outdated and LONG.. The exam is called the State Officer Certification Exam (or SOCE as FDLE likes to call it). It is based ONLY on the objectives in the curriculum that everyone gets when they go to the academy. Here is FDLE's take on it and some information:

All individuals seeking Florida certification as a law enforcement, correctional, or correctional probation officer must first pass the State Officer Certification Examination (SOCE). (My Comment: There are seperate exams for each area.)

Prior to taking the SOCE individuals must first complete a basic recruit training program at a Commission-certified training school. Former Florida-certified, out-of-state, Federal, or military police officers may request an exemption from basic recruit training and must complete this process prior to taking the SOCE. (My Comment: Thats called the Equivlency of Training Review and you can look that up on FDLE's website)

Under the provisions of Florida Statute 943.1397 individuals have three attempts to pass the SOCE. (My Comment:If you don't you have to go back through the entire academy!!)

The SOCE is administered each month at 3-5 locations around Florida.

2010 Officer Certification Examination Schedule

The fee for taking the SOCE is $100. Applying for the SOCE may be accomplished via the online registration site using a debit or credit card, or by submitting a CJSTC Form-500, Application for State Exam and cashier’s check or money order.

OK back to my train of thought before it gets derailed...

They are thinking of raising the price of the exam, but for now its still $100.

Now for those of you wanting to prep for the State Exam (and any test in the academy) a very nice young lady named Rossy Parker has gone out of her way to create a free website of study guides just for Florida Recruits and those taking the State Exam. Just read the messages on the groups web page to see if they have helped people, then you decide if its worth your time. Here is the groups web address (this is not a commercial or for profit site!!!) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/policeacademytraining

Also due to the TONS of questions I get I have put together an website that answers most of your questions about Florida's Certification process and hiring. http://sites.google.com/site/flaleohelp/

Now if between all that you can't get help and get through and figure it all out, your a ROCK!!! LOL
    Police Academy Coordinator
    35+ years as a cop

No one gets left behind!sigpic

My Police Academy's Facebook Page
    YouTubes Largest Military Videos Poster -www.usmilitaryvideos.net
    Like us on Facebook - US Military
    Florida Carry Inc. Facebook page, 2nd Amendment Support Group.

Rock on!!
    Good post...

Comment

Awesome, thanks! I need to look into applying/going down for the 2 week course this summer.
      summer - winter - work

Comment

This link is similar to the one posted by ShadowWarrior. It let you take online practice test.

Both sites have some value, but many of the questions are goofy and seem to be written a non-native English speaker. Personally I gave up on it and just stuck with my book.

http://rossyparker.schools.officeliv...ssyparker.aspx

Read your book... study it and you won't have any problems. I found the test to be easy with that method.

Comment

I've been looking for something like this to assist me with study.

Comment

Glad it helped. If you have specific questions feel free to ask in a PM or post a question in the open forum.
            35+ years as a cop

Comment

awesome post, thanks!

Comment

i took the EOT class and studied the book. I studied for 3 days and passed the test on the first try. Know the material and you will do fine on the test. RELAX....its not rocket science.

Comment

Thanks for another great post ShaddowWarrior! I am in my final month of the academy (Only DUI Traffic Stops and Traffic Crash Investigations left) and the tests have all been very easy. I currently have a 94% average including 100% on Communications, Patrol 1, and Dart-Firing Stun Gun blocks. I hope these results translate to a passing grade on the state exam.

I have used a combination of studying the book, taking Ms. Parker's practice tests at http://rossyparker.schools.officelive.com/, and taking practice tests that one of our class members creates. Ms. Parker's tests are actually harder than the actual tests we get in the academy. The one class member creates test questions from every objective in each block and I always ace his tests! I would like to thank Ms. Parker and the others that created the practice tests online!

Comment

Glad the study guides helped.. I have been constantly (almost daily) updating and adding to my Florida LEO help site.. http://sites.google.com/site/flaleohelp/ it has gotten huge. I have a few more areas I want to cover, its just finding the time to do it, between working for a living and having a home life of any kind..
                    35+ years as a cop

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6188 users online. 304 members and 5884 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X