300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to live in the Tampa area?

I was wondering if any leo's had good tips on where to look for a residence in the Tampa area or Hillsborough County. Someplace with a good school district.

Anywhere North of Busch blvd and Dale Mabry you can't really go wrong. That would include Northdale, Carrollwood, Old Carrollwood, Citrus Park, Odessa, Lutz, then you hit Land O Lakes, just outside Hillsborough county line. Which They have cheaper houses and taxes generally. However I am not LEO yet, just lived here for 13 years.

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Comment

Riverview area is nice and up coming, lots of great communities and schools. + mall planned to be built there as well as a movie theatre and hotel. Possibly going to be the new "brandon"
      C.O.P is key.

Comment

813Dep- your input is greatly appreciated, thanks! I will also have to check out Riverview. Thanks!

Comment

What are you looking for? Do you want to live pretty close to town? Or want to be a bit further? Looking for a big master planned community? I know the area pretty well and could probably give you a good idea of where to look if you gave me a better idea of what you are looking for. Feel free to pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by SPDSNIPER View Post
            813Dep- your input is greatly appreciated, thanks! I will also have to check out Riverview. Thanks!
            Not a problem, Ruskin, Apollo Beach, are also not bad areas. Some spottie places but at the same time there are multi million dollar homes in the area as well. Feel free to pm me if you want.

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

x's 2 on the riverview and apollo beach area. Ive lived there for 18 years ans it has def. came a LONG way from the orange groves it was at one point. even if you go a little more south on 301 past riverview going into apollo beach..there are a bunch of brand new sub-divisons popping up. dont be frightened by some of the trailer parks around the area..they are gradually getting flushed out little by little it seems. I predict that riverview/apollo beach in 10 years will be bigger than brandon....get ready for that property value to go up again IMO.

Comment

My sister lives in I guess what is called "New Tampa", which is mostly the area off of Bruce B Downs. Very nice.

Comment

My wife is concerned about the schools in the apollo beach/ riverview area. I dont know much about them, anybody have kids in school out there?

Comment

Any input as to a area with a larger lots? I want enough land where I would be able to put a matching 2 car garage/workshop out back of the house for the toys. I want the subdivision type community, just enough area to put a detached garage out back. I know deed restrictions may pose a problem to this. I also want to be relatively close to the water (Tampa Bay, not lakes), not in a flood zone but not a hour away either. I will eventually be working in southern Hillsborough but don't know the area that well yet. I was thinking Riverview or Apollo Beach. Any input as to where to start looking? Thanks.

Comment

90zxdriver (loved those cars by the way), I can think of a couple of different neighborhoods that fit exactly what your looking for, it all depends on what price range you are looking for.

If you PM me a little more info I can possibly help you out more.

Comment

South Tampa probably has the best schools, however it's an expensive place to live. New Tampa and Lutz also have schools that are ranked highly in the district.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10367 users online. 372 members and 9995 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X