300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Beach S.O.

I have noticed that most deputies from the Palm Beach area where their duty gear in a similar fashion to the Hindi Duty Belt Safety System (cuffs and oc in front of weapon). Is this a requirement for your department?

I don't know if it is a department requirement, but the duty belt set-up is explained in the academy and most keep it similar once out on the streets.

Comment

We were taught and had to wear our handcuff case in front of the fake-firearm on the gear belts we wore during the academy.

Most of the instructors taught us that it's a good idea to keep the cuffs in the front, and never in the rear on your butt because you have to reach for them, and cuffs are something you want quick access to.

Comment

In my academy back in 2000 (Miami) we were taught week-hand cuffing with one pair of cuffs located in the back week-side of the duty belt. Where I am at now we were taught strong-hand cuffing with one set in front strong-side and one set in back of the strong-side.

Comment

Originally posted by Thesoldier View Post
          We were taught and had to wear our handcuff case in front of the fake-firearm on the gear belts we wore during the academy.

Most of the instructors taught us that it's a good idea to keep the cuffs in the front, and never in the rear on your butt because you have to reach for them, and cuffs are something you want quick access to.
          I agree, it is a good idea to have them in the front so that you dont have to reach and that they are reachable with either hand

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6809 users online. 351 members and 6458 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X