300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsborough County Sheriff

I noticed that all of the deputies at Hillsborough S.O. in FL have a set of wings on their left collar? What is that for. Im assuming not every member of the department is a pilot.

For example, this photo came off of their recruiting site. Just curious since Im an LE pilot myself. I found it odd.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Flying Pig; 11-07-2009, 02:38 PM.

Law enforcement deputies at HCSO wear the wings on one of their collars, detention deputies wear the "HCS" pins on each collar. It has nothing to do with being a pilot or motor officer.

HCSO is not the only agency around here that does this. Several police departments and sheriffs offices have LEOs wearing a set of wings as collar brass. Other agencies reserve it for traffic or motor officers.

Comment

Ahhh. OK. Thanks. Interesting choice for a pin, but it looks good. I wonder how often they get asked what they fly?

Comment

Hillsborough County Corrections Academy

I was wondering if anyone had any details on a start date for HCSO Corrections academy. I've been processing for about 7 months now. All interviews have been done along with a poly but I'm waiting on the physc exam. Anything? Thanks

Comment

Id email the recruiter

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
          Oorah!

Comment

Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
            Id email the recruiter

Appreciate the feed back. So far I have gotten a date of January 10th. I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything different. I'm pretty anxious to get the ball rolling. I've been staying in really good shape b/c I hear that bootcamp is suppose to be serious!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3130 users online. 166 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X