300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy - College credits??

When you attend the academy thru a community college, do you receive college credits for doing so?

Yes you do, something around 32 I believe.

There was a kid in the academy before mine that had no intention of going into law enforcement, it was just the fastest way to get a years worth of credits. Me I wouldn't get OC sprayed for any amount of credits.

Comment

Originally posted by futureLEO87 View Post
      Yes you do, something around 32 I believe.

There was a kid in the academy before mine that had no intention of going into law enforcement, it was just the fastest way to get a years worth of credits. Me I wouldn't get OC sprayed for any amount of credits.
      http://www.hccfl.edu/yc/cjt/introduction.aspx

A.A.S. Criminal Justice Technology

This degree is for graduates of a Florida police or corrections academy who receive college credits for their academy training toward this degree. The A.A.S. degree will not transfer into upper division programs in Florida universities and colleges and is generally a terminal degree, but students wishing to transfer may be able to take additional courses afterwards to achieve an A.S. degree which will transfer.

Thats what it says on the HCC website. I thought you could get a A.S. degreeusing the police academy but I geuss not. I think you only get 16 credits .

Comment

I think Seminole gives you around 20.

Does anyone know if you get credits for the FHP academy too?

Comment

Interesting. The reason I asked is I am trying to get into the Reserve II program at HCSO. I wanted to go for a full time spot but I don't have the minimum requirements, 3 years LE, military, or 60 college credits. I fall short of college credits by about 18. So I thought if I you get credits it might be enough for me to be able to put in for full time shortly down the line after I get into the Reserve II program.

Comment

The credits awarded for academy time are for criminal justice courses like criminal law, investigations, criminology, police and community relations, to name a few. However, you'll still need the English, math, humanities, science, and others to fill out the requirements of a degree whether it is an AA, AS, or AAS.
            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5230 users online. 265 members and 4965 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X