300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While in the Academy......

I was wondering if anyone knows of any departments that are hiring people that are currently in the Academy? Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
    1)Pre-Application - PASSED
    2)PAT Physical Test - PASSED
    3)Written Testing - PASSED
    4)Background Investigation - PASSED
    5)Psychological Screening - PASSED
    6)Interview with Chief - PASSED
    7)Job Offer - ACCEPTED
    8)Polygraph - PASSED
    9)Medical and Vision - PASSED
    10) Swearing in Date - DEC 21, 2010
    11)Start Date - DEC 23, 2010

either you are certified or not...thats basically the way you will be dealt with until passing the exam....

Comment

Not necessarily, many agencies will allow you to start the process while in the academy. I don't know how agencies work up in the panhandle. But down here Pasco, Orange County, Gainesville, Polk, Tampa, and a few others have allowed you to process for certified spots while your in the academy.

Comment

I've seen quite a few agencies that state "Currently certified or currently attending a law enforcement academy" as a requirement.

Comment

I've seen the following verbiage on a few differing applications in NE Florida, "Certified in the State of Florida as a Police Officer or Certified in another state or currently enrolled in a Florida Police academy ½ through with passing grades"
          JSO PO Academy Recruit Candidate
          Application: May 12 2009
          Written: May 27 2009 (Physical postponed due to flooded agility course
          Physical: June 10 2009
          Polygraph: July 17 2009
          Background: TBA
          Oral Board: TBA

Comment

Brevard County

Comment

You normaly have to wait towards the end of the academy.

Comment

I believe Escambia County is

Comment

www.escambiaso.com is the web site for the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, which is way over in the panhandle. You can check out the postings for employment there. And yes, I do believe the agency is currently hiring because they received a grant for 20 or so officers from the Obama stimulus package.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Blueribbon View Post
                    www.escambiaso.com is the web site for the Escambia County Sheriff's Office, which is way over in the panhandle. You can check out the postings for employment there. And yes, I do believe the agency is currently hiring because they received a grant for 20 or so officers from the Obama stimulus package.
                    Thanks, I was gonna come back and put up the link, but you beat me to it.

he's not to far way from Escambia, seeing his location is Eglin AFB he's only about an hour from here

Comment

I am actually closer then that, because I live in Santa Rosa County which is the county right next to Escambia. I was looking into them, but still not sure. I am just trying to keep my options open. Thank you to everyone for your help.
                      1)Pre-Application - PASSED
                      2)PAT Physical Test - PASSED
                      3)Written Testing - PASSED
                      4)Background Investigation - PASSED
                      5)Psychological Screening - PASSED
                      6)Interview with Chief - PASSED
                      7)Job Offer - ACCEPTED
                      8)Polygraph - PASSED
                      9)Medical and Vision - PASSED
                      10) Swearing in Date - DEC 21, 2010
                      11)Start Date - DEC 23, 2010

Comment

"either you are certified or not...that's basically the way you will be dealt with until passing the exam...." is incorrect. Several if not most agencies will process you as certified if you are already attending an academy. I heard of several people that tried getting hired as a sponsorship and were turned down, then went to the academy self-sponsored, called the agency, and they accepted the updated application as certified. Some agencies may even hire you while you are still in the academy.

Comment

in the words of shark tank..."i'm out."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2497 users online. 127 members and 2370 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X