• FL Weekend Police Academy 01/10 Announced

Law Enforcement Basic Recruit
    WEEKEND ACADEMY
    Training Program – Class 230
    (Recruits do not need to be sponsored)

Starting January 23, 2010
    Saturdays and Sundays
    8am to 5pm or 7am to 6pm

Description of Program: This program meets the State requirements as approved by the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission for individuals aspiring to become law enforcement officers in the State of Florida. Upon successful completion of this course, a student is eligible to take the State Certification examination to become a certified officer. Students must attend all sessions of training and score a minimum of 80 percent on all examinations to pass. Special Admission Requirements: Students must obtain authorization to register for this program by DECEMBER 10, 2009.

•Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
    •Students must be 19 years of age prior to graduation from the Academy. •Students must be a citizen of the United States of America.
    •Students must submit to a background inquiry prior to admission (additional fee for fingerprint submission)
    •Students must not have a record of conviction for any felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude or domestic violence.
    •Students must successfully pass a Basic Abilities Test (additional fee) prior to admission.
    •Students must complete an Academy Application prior to admission.

*Weapons and uniforms that meet academy specifications are the student’s responsibility. See academy staff for details.

If you are interested, now is the time to call the academy law enforcement coordinator.

Here is his contact information:

Richard Morey
    Coordinator, Law Enforcement Programs
    863-784-7285

Which academy is it?

Comment

Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
      Which academy is it?
      Based on the zip code is about central fl

Comment

By the way how long is it?
        Last edited by PI_MKZ; 10-22-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Avon park FL

Comment

found this

Hope it helps There's a link within the article for more info as well. Thank you for posting, I am very seriously considering this!

Comment

The academy is South Florida Community College in Avon Park.

Comment

Starting January 23, 2010
                Saturdays and Sundays
                8am to 5pm or 7am to 6pm
                Ah, Our Junior class coming in. Good luck to all Cadets attending this class. I dont think I could handle every weekend for a year!

Comment

man that is cool that they have an academy only on weekend but too bad that it is far from miami, i wonder why we don't have an academy so flexible down here in dade or broward county, all those good oportunities are always in central florida. is there a way to request to mdcc and broward college a part time police academy on sat and sundays just like in central florida? i know that mdcc has a part time academy but classes are three times a week, and i cant quit my current job and i work mon to friday. so i would need something on the weekends like central florida.
                  FLORIDA HIGHWAY PATROL

1) Pre-Application - DONE 06/2010
                  2) PAT Physical Test - PASSED 07/2010
                  3) F-BAT - PASSED 08/2008
                  4) POLYGRAPH - PASSED 10/2010
                  5) PSYCHOLOGICAL SCREENING - PASSED 11/2010
                  6) MEDICAL AND VISION - PASSED 01/2011
                  7) BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION - PASSED
                  8) COLONEL'S DECISION - ACCEPTED
                  10) ACADEMY START DATE - JULY 31ST

Comment

This is awesome for those who can attend on weekends. But it is far from miami

Comment

Originally posted by PI_MKZ View Post
                      By the way how long is it?
                      On the college website it says 1 year on weekends. I wonder how much it would cost. Seems easy just to register.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5351 users online. 271 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X