300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mdpd

Last edited by policejunkie; 10-20-2009, 07:10 PM.
    MDC Police Academy Completed- 8/2011-01/2012- BLE 283

Looking For A Job Now!

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=130130

Comment

Brother......! expect to be done with the whole process by late next year. You will probably be a state trooper by the time you do your psyc. I applied in November of 2007 and I just finished everything.

Comment

Run spell check before you submit a post man.. That way when you say you scored 89% on a test people will believe you..

Deparment

orentaion

comking

Comment

i didn't know we were in a grammar class...

Comment

Last edited by policejunkie; 10-20-2009, 07:12 PM.

Looking For A Job Now!

Comment

Originally posted by AAE85 View Post
              i didn't know we were in a grammar class...
              Make multiple spelling errors in a sworn affidavit and see how much respect you get or how your sgt. likes it.. or see how you get drilled from a def. attorney once they look at your report. A person's perception is their reality.. thats all.

I only have local experience, will graduate in dec with my law degree, then will work on my PhD.. but what do I know...

Comment

No we are not in grammar class. And by the way, it is spelled GRAMMAR, not GRAMMER.
                Come on people, out here on the internet, nobody can hear your voice, nobody can hear the tone / inflection you give to a thought. That's why a lot of things can, and do, get out of context, and misunderstandings abound. And bad grammar hinders you.

Just try and be more careful when you post. Remember, you want to be a cop, you think defense attorneys won't ridicule your grammar when they show jurors your report?

Now, do you realize why grammar and spelling are so important?

If you still don't, then you have no business being a cop. At least, a successful one.

Comment

Guys seriously? He misspelled a few words so get over it. This is an internet forum, not the police academy. Everybody is a tough guy behind a keyboard. To answer your question, I take my medical tomorrow and they are probably going to be processing applicants again real soon, but dont believe anything you hear because nobody knows anything until you get a letter or phone call.

Comment

Last edited by policejunkie; 10-20-2009, 07:13 PM.

Looking For A Job Now!

Comment

Originally posted by sco0437 View Post
                      Make multiple spelling errors in a sworn affidavit and see how much respect you get or how your sgt. likes it.. or see how you get drilled from a def. attorney once they look at your report. A person's perception is their reality.. thats all.

I only have local experience, will graduate in dec with my law degree, then will work on my PhD.. but what do I know...
                      why get a phd when you are finishing a law degree (jd)???
                      the jd is equivalent (or higher in some circles) to the phd...

Comment

why get a phd when you are finishing a law degree (jd)???
                        the jd is equivalent (or higher in some circles) to the phd...
                        I was thinking the same thing. Why not just take the Bar?
                        Do you plan on Teaching?
                        MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by policejunkie View Post
                          LeoRespect: Thanks these people have nothing better to do. Instead of trying to help out people they are checking spelling so sad... well good luck on everything .. If you hear any information please send it my way.
                          Don't you get it man?
                          I am helping you out, by pointing out the obvious.

First of all, I am not born and raised in the continental U.S.

I am of hispanic descent. During my formative years in my country of origin, I took a special interest in the english language. Why?, because my childhood friends from across the street, were of hispanic descent, but their father, was a career U.S. Army man and as such, his family travelled extensively throughout the U.S. and abroad.

Because of this, they were fluent in the english language, and they spoke english between themselves. And because of this, I was interested in understanding what they were saying. And because of this, I devoured anything that came across my hands in english, like the Reader's Digest , so I could begin to understand what they were saying, and building my vocabulary in the english language.

This is how, I started to build my knowledge of the english language.

I don't, by any means, claim to speak or write it fluently ( it's hard to,when you are of hispanic descent living in Miami). But I do know, when I did became a cop with the Miami Dade Police Department, back in 1990( before this, I've already been a cop with 4 years experience), Station 6, Intracoastal Station, they were a lot Anglo cops that I would quietly point out to them, their misspellings on official reports. And one of them was FTO!

That is sad.

Did I do this out of some perverse desire to ridicule them?
                          Did I enjoy doing this?
                          Of course no!

I just wanted to help them out, and keep them from being made a fools out of themselves in open court, when some "effing" lawyer would try his damn best to discredit his hard work!

In this case, what I am trying to attempt, is to create a conscience. Out here in the internet, written words are extremely important.

Why? Because nobody can "hear" what you're saying, thus, your emotions, voice inflection, cannot impart what you are actually meaning.

It all depends on how you write.

So, if you are not careful in how you spell or write, your message can be, in the best of cases, be misunderstood. At worst, people would think, you are ignorant.

Now, how do you want to be perceived?

I really have a hard time reading posts here, and elsewhere, where people just don't care enough to spell things right or use proper grammar.

I have to waste time, reading and re reading something poorly written, in order to find out what it is being said.

It negates the purpose of these forums.

You, and others, may have been able to successfully pass an entry test to a police department. However, in this day and age, there are tools such as spell checkers; do not ignore their corrections, and read your posts before submitting them.

It would make them a hell of a lot easier to understand for everybody reading them.

Do you not care enough for fellow members here to understand what you are asking?

LeoRespect, I'm precisely trying to have policejunkie earn that; RESPECT.

I'm not a tough guy. I'm a former LEO with 13 years of experience and know how tough defense lawyers are, who love to make us look like fools, when they can't otherwise malign your hard work.

This carelessness make you like a gang banger, rather than someone who has earned a high school diploma.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just sick and tired of people who have a dominion of the language, yet, prefer to, damn everything and write what they will without regards to anyone reading it.

I am not writing this to bash you alone, but everybody else's carelessness.

BTW, I forgive you for just misspelling of "orientation". I only wanted you to be aware that first impressions count.
                          Last edited by gcopter; 10-20-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I will take the bar as well. A PhD program is researched based whereas a JD is not. I am interested in researching police departments efficiency among other things and teaching at the college level.

good luck to you miami guys.

Comment

Best wishes to you too, sco0437.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4897 users online. 294 members and 4603 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X