300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunrise PD

so I was wondering, is there any sunrise officers on here or anyone that knows any info on SPD? how is the moral? dept? take home car policy? etc. any info would be much appreciated. thanks
    sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
    D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
    Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Originally posted by mbpdhopeful View Post
    so I was wondering, is there any sunrise officers on here or anyone that knows any info on SPD? how is the moral? dept? take home car policy? etc. any info would be much appreciated. thanks
    ^+1. It looks like they're hiring non-certified, so I'm interested in any info people have as well.

Comment

I am surprised they are looking for non-certs. I applied in March/April of this year and they had no openings whatsoever. Looks like a good department. Quiet for the most part as it is right next to Weston. The big opportunity for OT there is at the arena right next to Sawgrass Mills Mall (I don't know what they are calling it now because the name changes so much). It never hurts to apply.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to throw my application in!

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no "quiet" areas in Broward County anymore, so to say Sunrise is quiet (or slow) is an inaccurate statement. (Parkland and Weston actually have crime too; crazy huh?!) We live and work in the eighth largest metropolitan area in the United States and the crime stats reflect that. Go to the FDLE website and check out the latest crime index (UCR 2008) for all cities in Broward….

Comment

well i rather work for a busy agency, and besides there is crime everywhere these days, i don't mind at all that means plenty to do, and its called The Bank Atlantic Center these days. lol

i turned in my application today so now its the waiting game for me
            sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
            D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
            Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Great department, good benefits. New Chief who is really making a difference.

Comment

I spoke with a recruiter today, and at the moment they only have one position open.

Comment

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat lol so hundreds of applicants for 1 position DAMN! sorry for people.
                  Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

are you serious?! damn...
                    sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
                    D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
                    Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

I had an interview with a department on Monday. 180 applicants, 5 interviews, 1 position. GEEZ

Comment

Originally posted by The SSheriff View Post
                        I am surprised they are looking for non-certs. I applied in March/April of this year and they had no openings whatsoever. Looks like a good department. Quiet for the most part as it is right next to Weston. The big opportunity for OT there is at the arena right next to Sawgrass Mills Mall (I don't know what they are calling it now because the name changes so much). It never hurts to apply.
                        It's certainly not quiet over there, that's for sure. Yes, the west end of their city borders Weston, but how about the north end bordering Tamarac and even worse, the east end bordering Lauderhill. The east side of Sunrise is pretty much crap. You'll stay busy there for sure. It's a good department with good people, I know a few guys who work there. Their city commission is for the majority pro-cop which is good. They finally issue their guys their equipment and their new state of the art police department is currently under construction.

Comment

Originally posted by futureLEO87 View Post
                          I had an interview with a department on Monday. 180 applicants, 5 interviews, 1 position. GEEZ
                          Don't think I'll be applying then....

Comment

Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
                            Don't think I'll be applying then....
                            I was referring to another department other than Sunrise.

Comment

Its an awesome department, with great moral located in one of the fastest growing cities in South Florida. They have 1 position right now, and have received over 100 applications.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5519 users online. 348 members and 5171 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X