• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off_kimball
    replied
    Originally posted by leesrt View Post
    This is dead guys
    I agree it is a dead subject. And I learned after I posted it that it was RESCINDED !!! However, it is purely entertaining I guess when we all complain about our admin atleast it's not this lady.

Leave a comment:

replied
    The really sad thing here, is that she is an elected official that makes important decisions. The video clearly shows what a wack-job she is...

Leave a comment:

• leesrt
    replied
    Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
    This was covered in 2 different threads when the news first broke.

It has since been RESCINDED !!!

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=130161
    This is dead guys

Leave a comment:

replied
    First off, let me state I think that the policy was wrong, but look at it from her point of view. An officer sees two teens smoking pot in a park, they get into a foot chase, and an officer gets injured, he know tore his ACL and the Dept. or Town needs to pony up 20K for surgery. Other officers catch the kid/s, they have a dime bag amongst both of them. I know in MD, and DC, what are they going to get ????..... MD Marijuans = a $100. fine. In DC MAYBE community service, if the even prosecute it. So, know we have an officer off work, for god knows how long, for a minor crime that MIGHT yield a $100. fine.

The Mayor was/is just lookng out for the interests of the tax payers... A small town, with a few incidents like that and it could easily go bankrupt.

I think the memo was a mistake, and maybe, she, or the Chief should have said, look, guys, try to be careful when you get into pursuits, is it worth getting hurt for a nickel or dime bag of weed. But BANNING all foot pursuits, just plain silly.

Leave a comment:

• Pete12
    replied
    The mayor rescinded that policy after a county prosecutor wrote a letter to the state attorneys office asking if the policy was legal.

Leave a comment:

• EddyLE
    replied
    That policy does not make any sense but what can they expect if the mayor herself does make or have any common sense. I mean she does not know how to express herself either. Wooow crazy

Leave a comment:

• Hisrighteousnes
    replied
    Originally posted by Hopefull101 View Post
    That mayor is a total idiot....WHo the hell appointed her or who the hell voted for that crazy woman!!! WATCH THE VIDEO
    whoa man hold down...this is the internet...it is world wide

Leave a comment:

• Unit453
    replied
    Ignorance is bliss...

Leave a comment:

• Hopefull101
    replied
    That mayor is a total idiot....WHo the hell appointed her or who the hell voted for that crazy woman!!! WATCH THE VIDEO

Leave a comment:

replied
    This was covered in 2 different threads when the news first broke.

It has since been RESCINDED !!!

http://forums.officer.com/showthread.php?t=130161
    Last edited by 2971511; 10-10-2009, 04:59 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• futureLEO87
    replied
    Wow, I only watched a minute of that video, enough to know I will not be seeking employment with her city.

Leave a comment:

• off_kimball
    started a topic South Carolina Mayor Bans Police Foot Pursuits

South Carolina Mayor Bans Police Foot Pursuits

Has nothing to do with Florida, but enjoyed the article and video so much that I had to post it. Enjoy!

Click below link to watch video it's GREAT.

http://policelink.monster.com/news/a...ursuits?page=2

South Carolina Mayor Bans Police Foot Pursuits

COLUMBIA, S.C. — The mayor of a small South Carolina town says she banned her police officers from chasing suspects on foot after an officer was hurt running after a man.

Wellford Mayor Sallie Peake said Monday she issued the order in August after the city had to pay for an officer who missed work after chasing a “guy who had a piece of crack on him.” She said a drug possession charge was not worth the cost to taxpayers. But her written order said she did “not want anyone chasing any suspects whatsoever.”

The decision came after two town-issued cars were totaled within a month, although her order applies only to foot chases.

When a local TV reporter asked about the policy, Peake would not answer and clapped her hands in mock praise that the reporter had found a story.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3356 users online. 200 members and 3156 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X