300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWC finally getting ready

I guess I will start the next thread for all of you guys interested in Fish and Wildlife. If you have recently submitted an application, the process may soon be ready to start up. I spoke to my recruiter today who told me that letters have been sent out for the next PAT. Apparently they were sent out on Friday. According to the recruiter, the dates you can choose from are going to be November 13,14,or 15. He did not elaborate much more then that and did not say where the test will be held. Keep an eye on your mail boxes and let us know when you get yours. Time to start ramping up the fitness.

Those of you attending...I hope you've been training. They do not use the standardized FL PAT Test. They use the cooper standards which is much harder. Good luck.

Comment

well i was just reading the new thread and what magically appears in the mail?it is saying the 13,14, 15 in jacksonville. good luck to all.

Comment

I just got mine as well. I noticed that it says the swim will be timed. Anyone else see that or aware of it?

Comment

Post up when you find out where is it going to be held...I'd enjoy coming out to cheer you guys on...

Tim
          Last edited by TJ Jax; 10-07-2009, 01:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
          "Ever consider a career in Southern Law Enforcement"

Comment

The test is going to be held in Jacksonville on that weekend. They already have interviews scheduled for those who pass in tally on January 11-15. seem pretty organized so far.

Comment

interesting. good luck to those of you taking the test. they told us one would be in jax but TJ and i ended up having to drive to jupiter or tallahassee for ours. let us know the location (im assuming one of the area high schools) and we may come cheer yall on.

like FL5OH said, the FWC PAT is the toughest standards ive seen outside of the feds.
              Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Comment

hey tj, it is held at florida state [email protected] Northeast fla cj and training ctr. off dunn ave!-j

Comment

I also recieved the letter for Jacksonville the 13-15. The PAT is no joke. I had to lose 45 lbs. to even stand a chance. I timed the 1.5 mile run again this week and did it in 12:32. Very close, but need to shed 7 seconds off. I also saw they added the time to the swim. When I spoke with my recruiter last month, she said it wasn't timed. Need to get ahold of her soon to find out if thats a mistake.

Comment

I was also wondering about the timed swim. Let us know what you find out. I am going to e-mail the person mentioned in the letter for information and see what she says. I do not think 10 mins is a lot of time but I can not imagine they would allow you to take forever to complete it. Guess you have to set a time.

Comment

I have a friend with FWC and his test many years ago, the swim was timed. When I spoke with recreuiter Adams last month, she said the test wasn't timed, but I think it changed recently. I will call her this week. I think the person in the letter is for information regarding the background, but not positive.

Comment

no it wasnt a mistake they now changed it and the swim is timed.but its not too hard though at all..just practice and practice and practice..alot of people underestimated the swim at the last PAT..and the vert jump also caused a bunch of people to fail as well

Comment

Wow, that's awesome news guys. I haven't received a card to come up in November, but I'm not going to stop training. Keep everybody informed on what ya'll hear. Good Luck!! I'm actually going to call up there to see if they sent something to me or not. (fingers crossed)

Comment

yea gooby is right pratice that vertical its a doozy, when i went for the assessment in feb. there were about 221 people there and literaly more than half fail the vertical. just keep practicing and jump still you cant...
                            I WANT TO BE NUMBER 1,......2 IS NOT A WINNER AND 3 NOBODY REMEMBERS

Comment

Originally posted by USF_Mike View Post
                              I also recieved the letter for Jacksonville the 13-15. The PAT is no joke. I had to lose 45 lbs. to even stand a chance. I timed the 1.5 mile run again this week and did it in 12:32. Very close, but need to shed 7 seconds off. I also saw they added the time to the swim. When I spoke with my recruiter last month, she said it wasn't timed. Need to get ahold of her soon to find out if thats a mistake.
                              Wow. 45lbs... good job! How long did it take you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5873 users online. 334 members and 5539 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X