Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was you first arrest like/How did it feel???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was you first arrest like/How did it feel???

Thought I'd start a new thread. I'm curious how it felt for the guys on the road here in Florida (or anywhere for that matter) making that first arrest, and what it was like. Stories would be great... I know everyone's trying to get on out there (especially including myself) but all the PD/Sheriff office hiring questions get boring for reading after a while...LOL. Hope something interesting comes out of this thread
    "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

It was scary. My first civilian arrest was a DUI on Orange Ave. Had to wait to get an OCSO car to back me.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

One of our plainclothes guys called in a suspicious person near the pond who looked like he was throwing stuff at an alligator. He requested a marked unit. My FTO and I responded, made contact and of course he had no ID. Ended up giving us his real name after some prodding and it was discovered he had a warrant. Confirmed the warrant with county, made the arrest and the transport. He was a nice guy, just a little shady.

Not very exciting.

Comment

My first arrest was a shoplifting call where the guy though I wouldn't be able to catch him if he ran parallel to the store out in the parking lot. That was day 2 of FTO, and luckily I was still in a CVPI so I just floored it over the medians, then me and my FTO jumped out on him once we reached where we couldn't drive anymore. My first thought was, "Holy crap I actually handcuffed him correctly" then "Holy crap my Lt almost ran me over when I jumped out of the car", then "This really is going to be an exciting job." Well, to this day that's still in the top 5 of the most adrenaline dump experiences I have had on the job.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
          My first arrest was a shoplifting call where the guy though I wouldn't be able to catch him if he ran parallel to the store out in the parking lot. That was day 2 of FTO, and luckily I was still in a CVPI so I just floored it over the medians, then me and my FTO jumped out on him once we reached where we couldn't drive anymore. My first thought was, "Holy crap I actually handcuffed him correctly" then "Holy crap my Lt almost ran me over when I jumped out of the car", then "This really is going to be an exciting job." Well, to this day that's still in the top 5 of the most adrenaline dump experiences I have had on the job.
          SWEET!

Comment

Ha-Ha, very funny...LOL. Keep em coming gentleman.

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
            It was scary....I never had handcuffs on before, and they put me with nasty people...
            "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

Comment

They strip searched me. I felt violated.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                ...what happened when the police got there?

Comment

I arrested a 50 year old woman for battery in the middle of the ghetto. She was the first to pull the race card on me since I've been working in Florida.

My first one was a DUI arrest who ran from me. It was a simple traffic stop where he told me to go F--- myself and then sped off. I was young and was on my own for only a couple weeks. We ended up getting him stopped and that was the first guy that I ever put hand cuffs on. This was sometime in 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Hisrighteousnes View Post
                    LMAO!
                    "Inside me is something that is too stupid to quit. I don't know where it comes from or why it is, but it is there and always has been."

Comment

Originally posted by Hisrighteousnes View Post
                      They arrested me

Comment

I locked a guy up in Queens for Aggravated Unlicensed Operation, searched him and found marijuana in his sock. I was THRILLED. My FTO laughed at me.

Comment

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Taylor13

Post of the Month!
                          Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Comment

First arrest, or first arrest as a solo officer out of FTO? First arrest I don't actually remember. First arrest solo was on I-4 under Maitland Blvd. Suspended license, failure to complete DUI training. I remember thinking WOW I can't believe I have the power (authority) to do this. Then I got screamed at by my Sgt because apparently they couldn't find me as I wasn't to specific when I called the 10-50 in, and they were calling me but I wasn't answering the radio. Whoops

Comment

First arrest solo, don't remember.

First arrest on FTO: Sleeping on park bench.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4206 users online. 249 members and 3957 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X