Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHP Polygraph

got my polygraph with FHP in 2 days !!

the letter says be prepared to spent 8 hours with them ?
    holy crap what are they going to be doing and any tips ?
    im real nervous about this, i have nothing to hide but i heard if your nervous you might ruin it.

Is this the first polygraph you have ever taken?

Comment

I took mine today in Miami. I didn't get out of there until around 2PM so its a bit lengthy. When you get there, he will sit you down and run you through the process and how to fill out the packet properly. Make sure you pay close attention to what he has to say. Afterwords he will sit you in a room to fill it out and when your done, he will begin the Poly test. In all, he talked for 1hr30min, took 1hr30mins to fill out packet, then another hour of waiting until he finished with the guy in front of me.

As far as tips, while I can't give you the questions he will ask on the test itself, I can tell you it's not as hard as you might think. Go in there with a level head, tell the TRUTH on everything in your packet, and take it easy on the poly. If you're going to Miami, the guy doing the poly can be intimidating at first as he goes over he credentials (31 years of testing people and something like a 90% failure rate when he tests, yikes!) but he will tell you exactly what you need to do in order to do good. He wont tell you there if you've passed or failed, though. He does a little background digging then sends your results to Tally and youll hear back from Tally in about 3 weeks. If you do good, he will tell you, as he did for me. If you do bad, he'll either retest you (he says is not likely) or he'll send you packing =(

Don't sweat it to much mang. I took mine today with a cold (congestion and runny noes) and he assured me that everything looked great. He did however, allow me to run up to Walgreen's to grab some Robitussin to sooth the throat before I took the test. If you sound really bad, they cannot test you.
      Last edited by LawlSTi; 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM.
      ~Nobody wins....
      when everyone's losing~

Comment

oh wow thanks for the help yea im taking it in miami TOMORROW !!

btw yes first time taking it
        Last edited by vwturbo; 09-30-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

just curious how did you all get contacted by fhp? through snail mail? email? phone call?
          sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
          D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
          Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by mbpdhopeful View Post
            just curious how did you all get contacted by fhp? through snail mail? email? phone call?
            Actually I received a phone call around Sept 3rd. The trooper called me to confirm my Poly date, and told me that my letter would be in my mail box in a week or so. There was another guy there with me testing yesterday. He was telling me how some of the guys he was there with passed the PAT no prob, but received letters saying "Thanks, but no thanks" while he received his Poly date. Not sure what they could've bombed out on.... maybe the Credit check.
            Last edited by LawlSTi; 09-30-2009, 09:05 PM.
            ~Nobody wins....
            when everyone's losing~

Comment

yeah that's possible. but okay what about the guys that haven't received any form of communication? (like me!!!) man this is so frustrating. thanks for the info
              sigpic

R.I.P. Sgt. Michael Diaz
              D.O.D. May 30th, 2002
              Miami-Dade Police Dept.

Comment

Is the Poly test only given in Miami or is it given in north FL as well?

Comment

Don't worry, all questions will be "Have you ever done 6 over the limit? Have you ever had a burnt out headlight? Have you ever been in a traffic crash and not immediately moved the vehicles out of the roadway"

I kid I kid, I've got nothing but love for Troopers, except that one that wrote me for 88 on 95 when I was 16... jerk!

Comment

8 hrs, holy cow....what are they going to do? water board you?
                    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post
                      Is the Poly test only given in Miami or is it given in north FL as well?
                      Depends on where you live, and what examiner is avaliable. They sent me out to Lakeland for mine, while a friend of mine who lives about 10 minutes away got sent to miami.

Comment

took it and passed !!
                        was very honest with him, really cool guy, didnt take 8 hours, got there at 8am and left at like 2pm
                        filled out the huge packet and then he asked me like 8 questions and i passed them and i was nervous like crazy.

i was contacted by phone then got the letter.

Comment

That's still a really long time though. Why does it take so long? The two I've taken haven't been more than two hours or so.
                          When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

Originally posted by OrlandoExp103 View Post
                            That's still a really long time though. Why does it take so long? The two I've taken haven't been more than two hours or so.
                            They make you fill out a very large booklet about yourself which can take 2-4 hours, and if there is someone else there, they have to do the test one at a time.

When I was there, there was another person who got done with his book before me, so I had to wait until his polygraph was over. Got there at 9AM, didn't get out until about 2PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4339 users online. 280 members and 4059 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X