300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanford Police Department

Alright Ladies and Gentleman. Sanford Police Department. Pro's and Con's, insights, morale, equipment, opportunities, overall work environment, are they currently hiring?...all the good stuff. Thinking about applying there and want to know some information about the agency. I'm sure StudChris can chime in for me.
    Also...any overtime opportunities, retirement...benefits?
    "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

Yes I can. Equipment is soso. Morale depends on who you asks. Pros? You'll be balls to the walls all the time and get great experience. They have a large tac unit (their narcotics unit) who makes amazing arrests a million times a day. They also have their own SWAT team (not sure wha they call it). They hire pretty frequently. No clue about their pay, benefits, or retirement. I see their guys on the screen on details a lot, but not sure if they're overtime details or just, "Hey at so and so o'clock you need to hang out on 13th street for a few hours".

Comment

I hear ya...sounds good to me then. They are the County Seat anyway so I know they cover some large ground. If you went back when you were applying, would you go for them StudChris?? I'm going to hold out and wait to see what I hear from OCSO before I apply. I'm almost done with my process with them, and just waiting to hear back as far as a conditional goes (supposedly just have to have the Sheriff approve my file). I do hear like you said though that those guys do go balls to the wall constantly.
      "If I won the lottery, I'd buy myself a police department. I'd hire all my buddies and we'd all drive Corvette patrol cars and sit around the doughnut shop I would own. Whenever someone would come in and say "I guess this my tax dollars at work", I would tell him to get the hell out my doughnut shop, then we'd all laugh and try to figure out what to do next."

--Quote taken from User "kcso"....hope you don't mind buddy, but this was just too funny not to steal from you....I'm still laughing.--

Comment

Looking back I probably would have gone to them, and although experience wise it's great and it's really not a bad agency, but it wouldn't have been my first choice. I do know a lot of great cops that work there, and a lot of great cops that started there before moving onto a larger agency.

Comment

Originally posted by donjuan856570 View Post
          Alright Ladies and Gentleman. Sanford Police Department. Pro's and Con's, insights, morale, equipment, opportunities, overall work environment, are they currently hiring?...all the good stuff. Thinking about applying there and want to know some information about the agency. I'm sure StudChris can chime in for me.
          Also...any overtime opportunities, retirement...benefits?
          Don,Sanford just recently had some testing and they were looking for 13 full time and 10 reserves. Equipment ...you are given everything needed for the job,even your own AR,they have a lot of off duty(some go unfilled),lots of potential(close friend is been there for 3 years and he is now a investigator,plain clothes and unmarked unit).not to familiar with retirement or benefits,but remember is going to be city retirement and not state like you got now

Comment

Oh yeah...busy,busy department

Comment

Thanks for th heads up Costeno. I might just put in. I would love to be somewhere that is super busy and can learn alot in a short period of time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5416 users online. 301 members and 5115 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X