Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightshift va
    replied
    including race at all is wrong. The most qualified person should get the appointment. Afirmitive action is a form or choosing a person based on their race and not their qualifications. This is wrong as wrong can be.

Leave a comment:

• Hisrighteousnes
    replied
    Originally posted by JarrodZ17 View Post
    Yeah, I think the agency should reflect the people of the community as well, but I also believe in EOE.
    therein lies the problem, mi amigo(a)

Leave a comment:

• JayhawkFan
    replied
    Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post
    As long as you have cronism. you will need Affirmative Action. Yes in some small towns you probably do have folks that hire minorities if they dont have to. Just like in some major cities you have folks that want to keep minorities in chage and wont promte whites. It works both ways which is why you need affirmative action.
    I would like to know which cities won't promote whites? Are there any specific examples.

Leave a comment:

• 11b101abn
    replied
    As long as you have cronism. you will need Affirmative Action. Yes in some small towns you probably do have folks that hire minorities if they dont have to. Just like in some major cities you have folks that want to keep minorities in chage and wont promte whites. It works both ways which is why you need affirmative action.
    APD, FCSO, DKSO, are good examples of that.

Inept, shoddy, poorly led agencies. YAY.....

Leave a comment:

• msr3264
    replied
    Why not hire the most qualified person for the position? Who cares if they are a white male, black male, female, hispanic, etc...

Also, maybe Green Bay did not have any qualified minority applicants. Maybe they hired the better, more qualified applicant. Why does it have to be "racist" just because they did not have their share of minority hires. Maybe the had their share of highly qualified Officers.

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    Because Affirmative Action been followed to the letter 100 percent, right? I'm far from Conservative, but in the end they're not hiring people for who they are or what qualifications they have - they're hiring a Government quota.

Leave a comment:

• Hisrighteousnes
    replied
    Whenever youare dealing with human beings you are dealing with subjectivness. No matter how much people tell you they are objective and will onky hire the best qualified person it isnt always so. In the end people hire who they feel comfortable with. Thats why affirmative action is still needed. We deal with subjectiveness in this society.
    +1...a phi....+1
    big time post with a lot of history to support what you say...no one knows who calls who or says what to whom in private and fabricates a reason to put on paper....this employment process is way too subjective and the state really needs to step in and lay down "significant" hiring standards and requirements...if i had a job i would still feel the same way...i am in favor of affirm action all the way...look around your communities where we are the most, its not filtered out the way most dept's are...i mean seriously

Leave a comment:

• Driven
    replied
    I understand your point but the problem with you saying that is why we need affirmative action is that affirmative action does not do anything for non-minorities. So in the situations where they are the ones getting shafted, it means nothing. Even with two white candidates for the same job it can often turn into a political thing (who you know) when it comes to getting the job. So affirmative action does nothing to make sure the most qualified person gets the job. I don't know about where anyone else is, but here where I am our sheriff is a "minority", though I'm not sure minority really describes his race. He is a good sheriff and in my opinion, the issue of hiring other minorities is not an issue at all. I just think, originally good things have now turned into unfair advantages for some.

Leave a comment:

• alpha1906
    replied
    Originally posted by LINY View Post
    I think Affirmative Action was helpful at one point, just like how a lot of things start out, like Unions. Affirmative Action has achieved its goals, and I don't think there's a reason to keep it around much longer.
    Whenever youare dealing with human beings you are dealing with subjectivness. No matter how much people tell you they are objective and will onky hire the best qualified person it isnt always so. In the end people hire who they feel comfortable with. Thats why affirmative action is still needed. We deal with subjectiveness in this society.

Leave a comment:

• alpha1906
    replied
    Originally posted by JayhawkFan View Post
    ^Lots of conservatives on this website.

Back on topic though, there are still a lot of agencies, especially in rural areas, where if you are an ethnic minority, it doesn't matter how well you score on the tests, or how well qualified you are. You will not be hired. Also there are agencies that won't hire any more minorities once they get their 'token' hired.

Leave a comment:

• JayhawkFan
    replied
    ^Lots of conservatives on this website.

Back on topic though, there are still a lot of agencies, especially in rural areas, where if you are an ethnic minority, it doesn't matter how well you score on the tests, or how well qualified you are. You will not be hired. Also there are agencies that won't hire any more minorities once they get their 'token' hired.

Leave a comment:

• E3CSHARP
    replied
    The original purpose of Unions was to stop child labor and slave wages. Since they completed their goals they've turned into a bit of a monster compared to what they should be doing.
    That was not the original purpose of unions.

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied
    Originally posted by StudChris View Post
    So Unions aren't needed anymore because those who have them now have better benefits?
    The original purpose of Unions was to stop child labor and slave wages. Since they completed their goals they've turned into a bit of a monster compared to what they should be doing.

Leave a comment:

• StudChris
    replied
    I think Affirmative Action was helpful at one point, just like how a lot of things start out, like Unions. Affirmative Action has achieved its goals, and I don't think there's a reason to keep it around much longer.
    So Unions aren't needed anymore because those who have them now have better benefits?

Leave a comment:

• LINY
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5514 users online. 326 members and 5188 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X